Seeking Exposition of Ten Commandments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieJ

Puritan Board Junior
Hey, I'm looking for expositions of the 10 Commandments from a Reformed perspective. I'm particularly interested in treatments that do a good job explaining how to use the law lawfully as Christians.

It sounds like you are looking for part 2 of The Marrow of Modern Divinity.

I recently read The Ten Commandments by Thomas Watson, and I heartily recommend it. After the detailed exposition on each commandment, there are sections on the right uses of the moral law.

Charlie,

I'd start with the Heidelberg, WSC and WLC. And yes, Thomas Watson is excellent!

Thanks Guys

I appreciate all the suggestions so far. I'm interested in lots of resources for myself, but I'm also looking for something for a friend of mine, who probably won't read the confessions or commentaries on them. A self-contained treatment in book or booklet form is probably the best idea.

So, for him, perhaps Thomas Watson, James Durham, or Fesko? Any others?

Fesko's book is probably ideal. The chapters are tidied-up sermons, not lengthy but succinct, and Christ-focused. The whole book is only about 10 chapters long.

I am presently preaching a series on the TC. But it probably will not make a book...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back