Search Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Hopefully I've put the Search crashing to bed for a while at least.

Our search feature is backed by an Elasticsearch cluster on the Virtual Server I pay for that hosts PB and several other Churches and other websites.

The Elasticsearch cluster would simply stop recently and then searh would trown off errors because there was no Elasticsearch service to serve the queries. I'm broadly knowldegeable in the ditital ecosystem and know how Elasticsearch operates but I'm not a Linux expert or an ELK stack expert so I couldn't figure out what was going on. I even set up a CRON job to stop the service every day and turn it back on hoping it would solve the problem.

Today I called the host and they told me I was close to my memory limit and I think that's the reason. I was able to change the plan that doubled the amount of memory for the server and that ought to take care of the issue.

As always, thanks for your work, Rich!
Thanks. I used to enjoy all the administration stuff much more when it wsn't made more tedious by my poor vision. I'm glad I learned how to do a lot of things when I could see because I wouldn't have had the patience to figure them out when I have to magnify a screen and move all over to find what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back