Samuel Miller of Monifieth on the preciousness of John 6:37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
... But still the single short sentence before us. contains so much of the rich marrow and essence of redeeming love, that it seems to hold within it the concentrated savour and preciousness of the whole gospel of grace. Take every other verse of all the Scriptures away, and leave but only this, still is there revealed by it a foundation sufficient whereon a world of souls may build their hopes and never be put to shame. Only let the trembling soul rest firmly on this living rock, the floods may deluge and the storms may beat, earth may scorn and hell may rage, but it cannot perish.

Precious in itself; how much more precious still when standing in connexion with other sure words of truth! Join these two texts together, and you will see what I mean: “Salvation is far from the wicked;” “Him that cometh unto me I will in nowise cast out.” As thy soul liveth, the first dread word is true; how awfully alarming! But as the Lord liveth, the second glad sound is equally true; how glorious is the news! It is the Lord of glory himself that speaks it. ...

For more, see Samuel Miller of Monifieth on the preciousness of John 6:37.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back