Saints who died young

Status
Not open for further replies.

panicbird

Puritan Board Freshman
I am interested in finding out about those saints who died young. I would define young in this case as 50 and under. That is not a disparagement against those over 50, of course. :) You are only as old as you feel.

Lon

While I am still a chipper lad myself, as I grow older, 50 does not seem so old. I am certain that as I near it, it will seem less and less so.

Related to the topic, Robert Murray M'Cheyne was just shy of his 30th birthday when he died.

Lon

A recent Saint that I can think of that went to be with the Lord at a young age (under 50) would be Greg L. Bahnsen

I'd like to include Keith Green (October 21, 1953 - July 28, 1982) unless you are only including theologian saints. As Bob Vigneault started down the road with J.C. Superstar, Keith Green was a big influence on my early years, although an essay from Spurgeon was the tipping point.

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
See Youth and Glory.

Is there anything that is not covered on A Puritan's Mind website??

Lon, I believe that this link is definitely what you are looking for, or atleast a great starting point for sure. Thanks Andrew!!! :bigsmile:

[Edited on 4-12-2006 by MeanieCalvinist]

Originally posted by gwine
I'd like to include Keith Green (October 21, 1953 - July 28, 1982) unless you are only including theologian saints. As Bob Vigneault started down the road with J.C. Superstar, Keith Green was a big influence on my early years, although an essay from Spurgeon was the tipping point.

Love his music. Can be a bit heavy handed though. Ever hear his To obey is better than sacrifice? nails you to the wall every time. :candle:

[Edited on 4-13-2006 by Reformingstudent]

Originally posted by Reformingstudent

Love his music. Can be a bit heavy handed though. Ever hear his To obey is better than sacrifice? nails you to the wall every time. :candle:

Oh yeah. That and Make My Life a Prayer to You are two of my favorites.

Originally posted by Reformingstudent

Oh yeah. That and Make My Life a Prayer to You are two of my favorites.

:ditto: "No token prayers, no compromise..."

Img0307.jpg

Christopher Love died (was beheaded) at the age of 33, and still left enough material behind for at least 20 books. I wrote about his life and death in the book "A Spectacle Unto God."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back