Sabbath Prayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
Should prayer on the Sabbath be different from our prayers on other days? I'm not trying to be Pharacitical. I'm just wondering if we should pray prayers that acknowledge who God is, for the sanctification of his people, and for the salvation of unbelievers, but leave out earthly requests for our earthly needs? I was thinking about how we don't order Biblical books online on the Sabbath even though it has something to do with God, or we don't clean our house, etc. Those things have to do with needed earthly things. I guess what I'm trying to say is, "Should our prayers on the Sabbath be heavenly centered only?"

If it is acceptable to pray the Lord's Prayer (especially the petition "Give us this day our daily bread") on the Lord's Day, which I believe it is, then there is no reason why prayers on the Sabbath should only be about heavenly and spiritual matters. Also, the church is to pray publicly for kings and for all that are in authority, which involves praying about something earthly even on the Sabbath.

Should prayer on the Sabbath be different from our prayers on other days?
Only in as much as we are concerned for God's blessing upon the preaching of his Word and his people to sanctify themselves wholly unto him all that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back