RW Landis Active Obedience

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Professor
So I stumbled upon someone mentioning RW Landis and his study on the Reformation and the imputation of Christ's active obedience. Apparently, he thought it was up in the air during the Reformation. I stumbled upon it at a FV site, and I know they are not historians, let alone trustworthy exegetes, but, I am curious as to whether or not you have heard of Landis and what your thoughts are on it?

So I stumbled upon someone mentioning RW Landis and his study on the Reformation and the imputation of Christ's active obedience. Apparently, he thought it was up in the air during the Reformation. I stumbled upon it at a FV site, and I know they are not historians, let alone trustworthy exegetes, but, I am curious as to whether or not you have heard of Landis and what your thoughts are on it?

By the sound of the LBC it doesn't appear that anything was 'up in the air' about it.

CHAPTER 11 OF JUSTIFICATION
Paragraph 1. Those whom God effectually calls, he also freely justifies,1 not by infusing righteousness into them, but by pardoning their sins, and by accounting and accepting their persons as righteous;2 not for anything wrought in them, or done by them, but for Christ's sake alone;3 not by imputing faith itself, the act of believing, or any other evangelical obedience to them, as their righteousness; but by imputing Christ's active obedience unto the whole law, and passive obedience in his death for their whole and sole righteousness by faith,4 which faith they have not of themselves; it is the gift of God.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back