RTS Chancellor: "Being a Pastor and Speaking Out in Today’s Culture"

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrellmaurina

Puritan Board Freshman
Perhaps this article by Dr. Michael Milton, the chancellor of Reformed Theological Seminary, will be of some benefit to Reformed brothers involved in politics:

Being a Pastor and Speaking Out in Today’s Culture | Dr. Michael A. Milton's Blog

Dr. Milton is much more important than me. If "Two Kingdoms" people want to argue that the views of the chancellor of Reformed Theological Seminary are not Reformed, that would make for an interesting debate. I have my own problems with RTS, but this article isn't one of them.

Key quote: "... if the matter is important enough for me to address in preaching or writing, I believe I am just being pastoral to God’s people. I cannot compartmentalize the Lordship of Christ to only one area of life. He is Lord of all. So, is it right that pastors should remain silent about important matters in society that are being debated in the public square because someone is trying to establish in our culture that there is no place in politics for religious beliefs or moral convictions that have been born out of a faith commitment? Because people (and fellow pastors) squirm when sin is exposed in politics or culture, does that mean we should refrain from preaching? No. It may mean just the opposite."

Regards,
Darrell Todd Maurina
Gospel of Grace ARP, Springfield, Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back