RPW might have a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Scibbe

Puritan Board Junior
I was reading a magazine today at the office and I came across an article entitled "Pet Worship". A pastor (female) of a Congregational church in Massachusetts has created a service for people to bring their dogs to the service........ :confused: :eek::barfy:

Her justification..... Psalm 148:10 :rolleyes::doh::banghead:

Lutheran, Episcopal, and Roman Catholic churches have been doing this kind of thing for decades (if not centuries)...

Off Topic:Several people at my church bring their dogs to worship. This is what you get when you live in Montana. Why would you need a special service to do this? :lol:

I had a first this past week. I petted a very large Golden Retriever during my sermon. He had opened the bedroom door and wandered in to the room where we where having service. He sauntered up to me, sat down right in front of me between my legs, I was sitting, and plopped his head on my knee.

Also, I'm really glad that transubstantiation is not what takes place during communion. One of the fellows tipped the plate holding the bread as it went around the room and a couple of pieces fell to the floor. They were cleaned in a jiffy by the dog. One of those interesting day you don't get unless you are meeting in a house. ;)

I remember in Grand Rapids on Saint Francis day people could bring their pets in to be blessed at the local high church haunts.

I am going to assume that the aforementioned dogs are not for the seeing impaired. Would this be correct?

Dogs had felt needs too.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My dog sits and listens to my iPod (WHI, R.C. Sproul, Mohler, Covenant Radio, Gary Demar, GPTS seminars, Covenant Seminary classes, etc.) while I exercise.

He is weak on OT (probably a problem with Ps 22:20; Prov 26:11; Ecc 9:4), but excels at DOGmatics. :lol:

No he has not been baptized, but he does a lot of sprinkling in our back yard.

Dogs had felt needs too.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My dog sits and listens to my iPod (WHI, R.C. Sproul, Mohler, Covenant Radio, Gary Demar, GPTS seminars, Covenant Seminary classes, etc.) while I exercise.

He is weak on OT (probably a problem with Ps 22:20; Prov 26:11; Ecc 9:4), but excels at DOGmatics. :lol:

No he has not been baptized, but he does a lot of sprinkling in our back yard.

I suppose he also gets offended whenever he hears about the Israelites being commanded to destroy the Canine-ites...

I preached at a church once where a guy brought a (dressed) inflatable doll to the service.

I'm not kidding.

I preached at a church once where a guy brought a (dressed) inflatable doll to the service.

I'm not kidding.

While we're on silly things, our church in NY had a guy show up in a cow suit (complete with udder)...

That's udderly ridiculous. :p

Hmmm, if it had been the pastor, I might have asked if he were preaching on the return of the ark in 1 Samuel, since those cows were used. I'm sure someone would claim this isn't a violation of the RPW. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the dogs go up front and act like people at the Toronto airport (formerly Vineyard) group???:think:

I remember in Grand Rapids on Saint Francis day people could bring their pets in to be blessed at the local high church haunts.

Didn't you Sam and Sedgewick there once? ;)

-----Added 7/28/2009 at 04:11:59 EST-----

Was he a red heifer?

This was definitely not a red heifer, but a good old fashioned black and white Holstein.

It wasn't this guy? Was it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdCd4abfW1M&feature=channel]YouTube - Whatever You Like: Cow Version[/ame]

I think my dog might be Episcopalian.

gay-dog_goldberg.jpg

Was he a red heifer?

This was definitely not a red heifer, but a good old fashioned black and white Holstein.

OT: I get a kick over the dispensational fascination with red heifers. I remember reading a 'news' article a couple of years ago. Seem like the never seen red heifer was born in Israel. According to the article red heifers are never born and this was a sign that the new Temple was imminent. Obviously the very intelligent and knowledgeable writer has never been on a farm. Red heifers are born all the time, especially from Santa Gertrudis cows. Even Herefords drop all red calves.

Why the heck would someone come into church with an inflatable doll?

In all seriousness, I believe he had mental problems. He was in his 20s, and his mother brought him to church. Beyond that, I don't know.

But I will say that if you can preach a sermon with an inflatable doll in the congregation, you can preach without fear just about anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back