Rightful Action Against the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Puritan Board Junior
I suppose this can go under the theology forum. There reason I do not put it under the Dad's Toolshed is because I want a larger discussion.

I do not know what it is like where you live but here it is becoming disgusting. I have always struggled with carnal desires and lusts of the flesh and it does not help that as soon as you leave your house members of the opposite sex are going about their daily lives in skimpy dresses and no care in the world (New Zealand is officially a post-Christian nation and proud of it. We now have homosexual marriage, legal prostitution etc...). What Biblical actions can a person do to escape these temptations because often they become so much for me. (It is interesting some of the churches around here are worse than going to lectures where all the atheist liberals hang out. It is a sad day when Christians dress worse in church than unbelievers).

How can a good Christian citizen take action to SAVE THE LIVES of themselves and future generations of their country people? (Excluding prayer as that is obvious - I want practicle answers).

Violence and political aggression is probably going to be condemned and does not seem in line with scripture. (It somehow does not seem Christian to go and burn down p0rn stores which parade all their wares and destroy brothels - especially those in the suburbs where little kids run about.)

It also seems unbiblical to do nothing.

What Biblical answers are there? One can not even go out the door without seeing posters, people and billboards etc... flashing half naked people about with no modesty.

:candle:

On a closing not I leave the country in a month or two and will be in a far greater moralistic nation where temptations will be far less. I have become ashamed of my home country.

Perhaps I should shorten the question and say thus:

When the world tries to make you stumble and puts all sorts of blocks before you what practicle ways that are biblicaly correct can someone do to remove them? The example given here is the forcing of sexual images onto people etc... and it would be good if the answer dwelt with that although it does not have to.

Quote:***How can a good Christian citizen take action to SAVE THE LIVES of themselves and future generations of their country people?***

For by grace are you saved through faith,and that not of yourselves.It is a gift of God. Ephesians 2:8

andreas.:candle:

We all have to make decisions about how to live holy lives in an ungodly world. For some that means unplugging the tv. For others it means seeking accountability in our conduct from trusted brethren or elders or family. For others it means spending more time in the word and in prayer. God calls us to prayer especially when we face temptation (cf. Lord's Prayer; James 1.13, 5.13; see also I Cor. 6.18, 10.13).

We do not however need to remove ourselves to a monastery. The sinful desires of the flesh will follow us wherever we go. That is why we need to mortify the flesh and walk in the Spirit, which is only possible by the grace of God which should bring us all to our knees.

Welcome back Fraser.

Do as Daniel probably did. Speak the truth in love without anger or condemnation. When I was in the Navy the guys would try to cause me to stumble. I think they just wanted to know if I was for real. I would politely ask them to respect my God given understanding of sin and asked them to help me obstain from such things. It worked. They grew in respect for me and they truly did help me and respect me. Of course they teased me every so once in a while but I had their respect and help.
Watch what you listen to, watch, and meditate upon. Memorize a lot of scripture that will encourage your heart. Psalm 1 is a great place to start. Remember Psalm 19:7

(Psa 19:7) The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

(Psa 19:8) The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

(Psa 19:9) The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

(Psa 19:10) More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

(Psa 19:11) Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

(Psa 19:12) Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

(Psa 19:13) Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

(Psa 19:14) Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Confess Sin, Pray, and meditate on God's Word daily. It will convert your heart and soul.

Good to hear from you Fraser.

Randy

[Edited on 5-21-2005 by puritancovenanter]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back