Righteous Anger

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Longer A Libertine

Puritan Board Senior
You want to know what amazed me in a putrid way, I was in a bookstore in Hollywood and walked past the news magazines and the hyper-liberal rag called "The Nation" was on the shelf proclaiming with smug pride on its cover "Roe vs. Wade at 35" and "Post-Abortion Male Syndrome, the new wedge attack by the pro-life movement".

I picked up this piece of dark literature fresh off of Hell's publishing press and read the dubious article written by a NARAL executive, the opening sentence of the hateful tripe read "It has been 35 years since the Supreme Court gave the crown jewel of America's civil liberties and reproductive rights to the people."

May the wrath of God find full fury on these savages, I have no compassion for their reprobate minds.

Just outside on the corner Planned Parenthood proclaimed all pro-life movements as acts by "extremists" and tried to summon action as if the legality of killing children wasn't enough now they have to silence dissent.

As an "extremist" living in Hollywood my blood boils no less than once per day.

Righteous Anger?

I understand the reaction that boils the blood. But I'd like to offer a bit of balance here. The curses of Isaiah 6 and Romans 1 are indeed upon us, as the eyes and ears of men are shut and they not only thumb their noses at God, but approve of others who do so. And while there is obviously indignation over the murder of countless precious babies, we would do well to check our own souls in regard to how we resond. What have we done to render us any better than they? What are they doing that we wouldn't do if it weren't for the indescribable gift of grace given us? I too get angry at the stupidity and diobolical manipulations of those who twist the truth for sordid gain while discrediting those who honor God and all who are created in His image. But we must check ourselves and evaluate our reactions in light of the fact that we would be just as misguided, indeed my thinking once was headed in that direction, if it weren't for God quickening our spirits and enlightening our eyes to the truth.

Righteous anger? Perhaps. But only if it's focused on the glory of God. Any self indignant anger is prideful and should be repented of. While such things may deserve our anger, and they obviously deserve God's wrath, we must keep in mind that we deserve God's anger and wrath as well. But what we deserve has already been poured out in full force upon the precious Lamb of God. In this light we should pray for our enemies and weep for the lost condition of their souls even as we hate all that fails to glorify God and spurns His righteousness. And praise God that His wrath did not "find full fury" on us and that He had "compassion for our reprobate minds."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back