Rick Warren on "Give God a 60 Day Trial"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is. But I think he was referring to fecal matter in a way that rhymes with 'clap'. :lol:

I've never payed much heed to Warren. All I know is that:
a) I constantly hear him stay things like this, and get slightly angry, and incredibly sad
b) Most of the professedly Christian people I know (save a few close friends) think he's one of the greatest guys ever (second only to Rob Bell).

Most of the professedly Christian people I know (save a few close friends) think he's one of the greatest guys ever (second only to Rob Bell).

Whoa - second to Rob Bell? Indeed. Because no one is as cool as Rob Bell (see this link):

[video=youtube;L3DAeLkHtNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3DAeLkHtNM[/video]

No, sorry. ;) It's a spoof on the Nooma series by a guy calling himself Lincoln Hawk. I've seen a Rob Bell clip here and there (Youtube is full of them) and find him so full of himself that when I saw this, I just had to post it.

It's no wonder Warren is second only to Rob Bell. NO ONE is as cool as Rob Bell thinks he is. Not even Rob Bell.

No, sorry. ;) It's a spoof on the Nooma series by a guy calling himself Lincoln Hawk. I've seen a Rob Bell clip here and there (Youtube is full of them) and find him so full of himself that when I saw this, I just had to post it.

It's no wonder Warren is second only to Rob Bell. NO ONE is as cool as Rob Bell thinks he is. Not even Rob Bell.

Ah ha!

I watched some YouTube clips of Rob Bell. Frankly, Lincoln Hawk does a good spoof of Bell. While watching about three clips of Bell...first of all, my apologies to any Bell fans...to be honest, he creeped me out.

Bell is a post-modern kook. You should hear what he thinks about Jesus and Peter walking on water! [video=youtube;8wSAEezBc3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wSAEezBc3s[/video] It's in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the video.

I think most immature Christians seek after leaders who are interesting; they simply don't understand the significance of leading the sheep spiritually. That's my humble opinion, at least.

Yep, he's a kook. Pastor Schoen, I don't think you'll be offending many "Rob Bell fans" on the PB. If they're here, they're keeping quiet...

(And just a little BTW note here - I'm so happy that, according to Bell, God has faith in me and not the other way around. Whew! That's a paradigm shift of Copernican proportions, don't you think?)

Me too! Just the other day I needed to be sure that God had faith in me, and Rob Bell extinguished my doubts. (btw I was on the toilet)

Anyway, yeah, I can't imagine that too many people on the PB would like Bell much. His theology is really weird...and ignominious at times.

I don't know much about Rob Bell, as you can tell. What I saw on the clips from YouTube was a young man very full of himself that likes to make his audience laugh with his clever remarks.

In my humble opinion, that's not biblical preaching.

If anyone wants to see the Warren clip, you can see it at Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com under their top news video section. I would link it, but I cannot access the site at work right now.

I think I'll pass on the clip for now. It's been only a little more than three hours since we had supper and I don't want to chance losing it.

Success is what sells in most of evangelicalism in general and in the SBC in particular. I used Warren's Purpose-Driven Church as a foil in my SBTS dissertation. The external reader at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary questioned my use of his book, but my supervising professor, Tom Nettles, understood and supported what I was doing.

Southern Baptist churches are independent and are not under a denominational hierarchy. Most around here probably know that, but not all. Regardless, we could doubtlessly find instances in most denominations, including the PCA and OPC, among others, which have not confronted practices of pastors as perhaps some in those and other denominations would have liked.

Many SBC pastors have spoken against the Warrens and Hunts in the convention, but their voices don't get much air time. Trustees who dare speak against "successful" pastors will find many who try to silence them.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back