Revoice strikes again.....again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Presbyterianism more time to work.

In a day where many conservative TEs don't bother to go to GA (with some saying that it's a waste of time and $$ because the fix is in--the National Partnership gets what it wants) and many REs just rubber stamp whatever comes along, I'm not too hopeful.

Perhaps the "sleeping giant" has been awakened. But it seems now that there are major seminaries (not just Covenant) producing people who are in various states of "wokeness" so it's not going to stop any time soon, even if the giant awakes and starts throwing its weight around.

Last edited:
In a day where many conservative TEs don't bother to go to GA (with some saying that it's a waste of time and $$ because the fix is in--the National Partnership gets what it wants) and many REs just rubber stamp whatever comes along, I'm not too hopeful.

I've always understood it as REs typically being to the right of TEs.

I've always understood it as REs typically being to the right of TEs.

Maybe on cultural issues, generally speaking. Maybe that will show up with the reaction to Revoice. But if they don't go to GA, will it matter? I'm no fan of the SBC, (and they are also facing these issues) but in the fight to regain control from the liberals, there were Southern Baptists who slept in their cars if they couldn't afford a hotel room at the annual meeting. I haven't seen that kind of commitment in the PCA, but that may be what it takes.

Some of this depends on the church. But one failing in all kinds of churches (whether Presbyterian or not) is for the REs to sort of act as a board of directors who really aren't involved in ministry or shepherding. (In that case, the tendency too often is to encourage doing whatever it takes to fill up the church.) In larger churches it takes the form of having "ministers" (whether ordained or not) or staff running the church, some of whom are not even on the session.

With my statement, I was thinking of one presbytery in general where the REs seemed to be inclined to approve just about any ministerial candidate on the grounds that they had been to seminary and who are they to judge? At best, it seems that they were inclined to just go with the majority, even if it meant not voting with their confessional pastor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back