Resources on conditional immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Puritan Board Senior
Can someone provide some helpful resources on conditional immortality? While it's often linked with annihilationism, I'm specifically interested in works proving all souls are immortal instead of immortality only being conditionally granted upon belief in Christ (i.e., salvation) -- I'm not as interested in refutations not the conclusions of that belief.

Can someone provide some helpful resources on conditional immortality? While it's often linked with annihilationism, I'm specifically interested in works proving all souls are immortal instead of immortality only being conditionally granted upon belief in Christ (i.e., salvation) -- I'm not as interested in refutations not the conclusions of that belief.
You are asking to see what reasons people give for holding to the belief that just saved persons will exist eternally, and the lost are destroyed?

I'm thinking of the view popular within evangelical Anglicanism. Names I'm thinking of would include: John Stott, N.T. Wright, Philip Edgcumbe Hughes, John Wenham, Michael Greene who would either advocate for these views or be comfortable with them. I have several friends who are Anglicans and this view seems common among those in the ACNA and evangelicals of the Church of England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back