Status
Not open for further replies.
By PB, our brother means Primitive Baptists.

In my experience, the Primitive Baptist are an extreme hypercalvinist group. They deny the necessity of preaching the gospel to unbelievers entirely. In fact, a Primitive Baptist pastor once told me that he saw no difference between a person in India being saved without the preaching of the gospel and someone being saved under preaching in a church service.

In essence, they deny that God uses ordinary means for the salvation of the elect.

The PB would hold that the Gospel would be preached to just the elect, and not to all sinners, so would that be Hyper Calvinism, and how would they know whom the elect were then?

It is possible there are some extreme sub-sections which teach what you have stated, but one should not classify a whole section by a sub-section.

How does the hyper-Calvinist know who are elect? He simply cannot know such a thing. That is why the hyper-Calvinist system has been described as all house and no door. The fact the preacher cannot identify elect sinners shows the wisdom in the indiscriminate call to repent and believe the gospel.

By PB, our brother means Primitive Baptists.

In my experience, the Primitive Baptist are an extreme hypercalvinist group. They deny the necessity of preaching the gospel to unbelievers entirely. In fact, a Primitive Baptist pastor once told me that he saw no difference between a person in India being saved without the preaching of the gospel and someone being saved under preaching in a church service.

In essence, they deny that God uses ordinary means for the salvation of the elect.
True, as I attended one of their services, and noticed that they have no budget for foreign missions at all, asked the pastor, and he stated that God will save his own directly.

It is possible there are some extreme sub-sections which teach what you have stated, but one should not classify a whole section by a sub-section.

How does the hyper-Calvinist know who are elect? He simply cannot know such a thing. That is why the hyper-Calvinist system has been described as all house and no door. The fact the preacher cannot identify elect sinners shows the wisdom in the indiscriminate call to repent and believe the gospel.
They seem to be holding to a real fatalism then concerning God and salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back