Replacing "Sword Searcher"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeachingTulip

Puritan Board Sophomore
After 12 years using a PC, I have switched to an IMack, and am enjoying the challenge of a new learning curve . . . however, I have depended on Sword Searcher for years, and since it is only produced for Windows, I am suffering a great loss . . . and it seems that Brandon has abandoned his efforts to produce a version compatible with MacIntosh.

So, I am wondering if there is any Mac-friendly software out there, that might replace Sword Searcher for me, or any online sources that other Mac users have enjoyed using as a Scripture reference guide?

Maybe this is more than you are looking to spend, but Accordance Bible Software (Home :: Home) is stupendous. It is the fastest Bible program I have every used and also the most powerful. Granted, I am not a BibleWorks or Logos user, but Accordance is certainly in the mix for best bible software.

Hi Alan,

I would be very interested in Logos, for it is a fine work, but it is way beyond my needs or budget!

Accordance Bible Software is offering a free trial download, so I am going to take advantage of that, plus I just checked in with http://www.biblegateway.com/ and found their web site updated and providing a simple word-search feature, which will be a quick help tool.

For Apple computer users I would recommend WordSearch for a low-budget replacement. With it you also get access to plenty of Reformed works offered by Doxa Press and incredibly low prices.

I have used the PC version for years. I also own the Logos Scholar's tool, but still prefer WordSearch. Randy Beck, the President of WS, works with you personally to set up a library that will meet your budget, too, should you start adding lots of items to WS. And, no, I have no personal or financial interest in the company. ;)

Note: Swordsearchers claim to fame, if you will, is that it offers the "Pure Cambridge Edition" of the KJV translation. I don't think this version is available with the WordSearch software. Brandon, the author of swordsearcher, has a web page here.

AMR

For Apple computer users I would recommend WordSearch for a low-budget replacement. With it you also get access to plenty of Reformed works offered by Doxa Press and incredibly low prices.

I have used the PC version for years. I also own the Logos Scholar's tool, but still prefer WordSearch. Randy Beck, the President of WS, works with you personally to set up a library that will meet your budget, too, should you start adding lots of items to WS. And, no, I have no personal or financial interest in the company. ;)

Note: Swordsearchers claim to fame, if you will, is that it offers the "Pure Cambridge Edition" of the KJV translation. I don't think this version is available with the WordSearch software. Brandon, the author of swordsearcher, has a web page here.

AMR

Many thanks . . . This product looks like it will best fit my needs and budget!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back