Reformed Worship and Church Architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Been listening to the lectures from a conference held at Independent Presbyterian Church in Savannah, GA that deal with Reformed worship and Church Architecture.

Basically the thrust of the lectures I have listened to so far are that architecture matters and has something to say about worship.

Definitely worth the time/effort to listen.

Independent Presbyterian Church

I once read a book called "Ugly as Sin" which delves into church architecture. I believe it was written by a Catholic, but still very interesting. I've been waiting for the church which offers theater-style seating w/cup-holders, snack trays, pillowtop massage heated chairs. :D

My denomination's (OPC) magazine New Horzions published an issue on this very subject a couple months ago.

Willie, I was thinking the same thing. Terry Johnson, from Independent/Savannah wrote one of the articles .

Here's the issue, but I don't see Mr. Johnson's article, perhaps because of other publishing contracts he has?

I once read a book called "Ugly as Sin" which delves into church architecture. I believe it was written by a Catholic, but still very interesting. I've been waiting for the church which offers theater-style seating w/cup-holders, snack trays, pillowtop massage heated chairs. :D

Be careful what you wish for, Moselle. I once visited a "mega church" which had Las Vegas Lounge-style seating, including round tables to put your in-church-cafe-coffee cups on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back