Reformed Systematic Theologies Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
I am attempting to provide links to as many Reformed systematic theologies (and related works) online as possible as a reference for those who may be interested. Feel free to add to the list if you like.

Links and Downloads Manager - Calvinism & the Doctrines of Grace - Calvin's Institutes - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Systematic Theology -- R.L. Dabney - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Systematic Theology -- Charles Hodge (Volume I) - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Systematic Theology -- Charles Hodge (Volume II) - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Systematic Theology -- Charles Hodge (Volume III) - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Abstract of Systematic Theology -- James P. Boyce - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Summary of Christian Doctrine -- Louis Berkhof - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Outlines of Theology -- A.A. Hodge - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Lectures on Theology -- John Dick - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Educational Links - Systematic Theology: A Compendium and Commonplace-book Designed for the Use of Theological Students - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Lectures in Divinity -- George Hill - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - Theological Lectures -- William Cunningham - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Educational Links - Historical Theology -- William Cunningham - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - A Body of Divinity -- Thomas Ridgley - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - A Body of Divinity -- James Ussher - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - A Body of Divinity -- Thomas Watson - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - A Compleat Body of Divinity -- Samuel Willard - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - Robert Shaw's Exposition of the Westminster Confession of Faith - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - A concise system of theology : on the basis of the shorter catechism -- A.S. Paterson - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - A Commentary on the Shorter Catechism -- Alexander Whyte - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - A commentary on the Confession of faith -- A.A. Hodge - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - An Example of Plain Catechising Upon the Assembly's Shorter Catechism -- John Willison - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - Exposition of the Westminster Shorter Catechism -- John Brown of Haddington - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - Fisher's Catechism - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - Sermons on the Heidelberg Catechism -- Johannes Vanderkemp - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - The commentary of Zacharias Ursinus on the Heidelberg Catechism - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - The Heidelberg Catechism in 52 Sermons -- G.H. Kersten - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - The Substance of Christian Religion: Or, A Plain and Easie Draught of the Catechisme -- William Ames - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - The system of theology, contained in the Westminster shorter catechism opened and explained -- Hodge & Hodge - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - The Westminster Confession of Faith -- John MacPherson - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - Theology of the Westminster Symbols -- Edward D. Morris - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Confession of Faith - The Westminster Shorter Catechism -- James R. Boyd - The PuritanBoard
Links and Downloads Manager - Theological Links - The Decades of Heinrich Bullinger - The PuritanBoard
http://www.puritanboard.com/f29/institutes-theology-thomas-chalmers-35944/
John Gill's Body of Divinity

And in languages besides English:

Francis Turretin's four volumes of works including the 3-volume Institutes and 1-volume Disputationes (in Latin, the latter of which has not been translated into English, as far as I know -- see this thread):

Institutes, Vol. 1
Institutes, Vol. 2
Institutes, Vol. 3
Disputationes

Wilhelmus a'Brakel's The Christian's Reasonable Service in Dutch (see here)
Gisbertus Voetius' Tractatus Selecti de Politica Ecclesiastica in Latin (see here or here for Lane's helpful post on his Selectarum Disputationum)
Benedict Pictet's Theologia Christiana in Latin (see here)
William Ames' Theologiæ medullæ in Latin (see here)
Johannes a Marck, Christianæ theologiæ medulla (in Latin)
Franciscus Junius, Opuscula Selecta (in Latin, edited by Abraham Kuyper, including Junius' Theses Theologicae)
Johann Friedrich Stapfter, Institutiones Theologiae Polemicae (in Latin)

No kidding Benjamin. Getting Turretin for free is reason enough to learn latin, and then there are all the benefits of building a foundation in grammar and a spring board for other languages.

Andrew, you are a national treasure.

In the works of Arminius one can actually find some Junius. Since Arminius kept his disputations with Francis Junius, there is a decent amount of Junius in there, who was very kind and patient towards Arminius, even though this latter gives you a snakey-weasely feeling with almost every word you read.

At the very least there needs to be a "Become a Fan" of Andrew Myers page over at Facebook. And I'm serious about that!

By the way that is why I need to learn Latin. ]

I took two courses of Latin as part of my Arts options last year. Did well, but then I tried to read Thomas Aquinas over the summer to keep practicing and now I've pretty much given up.
Off topic, I know, but you should have read the Vulgate to keep your Latin skills up not Aquinas. The Vulgate was influential on western Christendom for a thousand years. Aquinas is difficult enough to read in good English translation let alone in Latin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back