Reformed, Confessional Churches Near Detroit, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinich

Puritan Board Freshman
I'd like to get in touch with people in Reformed, Confessional, Paedobaptist churches around Detroit, MI. I'm talking about areas such as Southfield, Farmington Hills, Brighton, etc. Anything maybe within 45 minutes or so of Detroit. From surfing the web and checking out websites, I understand there are at least a few OPC churches in that area, among others.

If you attend one of these churches, I'd appreciate hearing from you. I'd appreciate if you could either send me a private message or let me know here, and I would like to send you a message. I might have a couple questions for you over the next little while (Don't worry, nothing personal, difficult, doctrinal, or controversial). I'm not generally looking for a list of churches or recommendations here (I think I have a good idea of what is in the area), moreso personal contact.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Southfield has a Reformed Presbyterian Church on Evergreen Rd. They have been there longer than Michigan has been a state! Redirect. Southfield is a great congregation, and the pastor is a personal friend of mine.

There is also A Free Church (continuing) plant in that area.

Yes, there's the Southfield Reformed Presbyterian Church at 26550 Evergreen Rd., Southfield, MI 48076 (phone: 248-356-3932). If you come across the Windsor/Detroit border from Canada, it should take you 20-30 minutes to get there from the border, depending upon traffic. The Lord's Day morning service is at 11:00, with the second service at either 2 p.m. (third Sunday of the month) or 5 p.m. (all other Sundays of the month). The pastor is Rev. James Faris, and it is a lovely congregation.

The Detroit Preaching Station Church of the Free Church of Scotland [Continuing] meets at Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 10101 W. Ann Arbor Rd., Plymouth Twp., MI 48170. Again, if you come across the border at Windsor/Detroit, it should take you less than an hour to get there. (A bit closer to Ann Arbor than to Detroit.) The sole Lord's Day service is at 3 p.m. The pulpit supply/church planter/evangelist is Rev. Sean Humby.

Margaret

Just to clarify slightly, I'm not looking to attend a church, nor am I looking for a list of churches. I'm generally aware of what's out there (besides one I had overlooked which Margaret helpfully pointed out). I'm working on a project (a web portal of sorts) and I'd like to just get in contact with some people for a few brief questions potentially. It will be mainly just about a few facts that can't be inferred via the web and would be useful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back