Reformed Bookshelf - A Lending Library Ministry

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeD

Puritan Board Freshman
My wife and I have recently organized and put together a simple, small ministry where we desire to get solid puritan / reformed books into people's hands. The concept is simple and though we only have a library of 70 or so books right now that we have purchase for this project, there are some great titles and more books are on the way (including multiple titles that Banner of Truth has kindly donated). We plan to spend $200-$400 a month at this point to continue buying books and growing the library.

Basically, what we offer is a library of reformed and puritan literature. This library, or bookshelf as we like to call it, is always growing. We currently operate our bookshelf utilizing a Google spreadsheet where you can see what books we have available and what books are out on loan at the moment. All you have to do is browse through the titles and select which book you would like to read. You will then need to send us your full name, address, email address, and book selections. We will then (at no cost to you) drop them in the mail. We allow the books to be “checked out” for 1 month at a time. If you are not finished with the book, you may extend your check out time by another month. You simply need to contact us and let us know. To return the book at the end of the 1 month check out period, you will need to wrap it up and mail it back to us via US Postal Media Mail. The typical cost for this is $1.50-$2.50. By doing this, we will be able to continue sharing these great resources with other believers!

To find out more and see the titles we have available: Reformed Bookshelf

I have already run this by the PB staff and gotten very positive feedback. I hope this is a needed resource and that it will truly bless many brothers and sisters in Christ!

Please let me know how I should further spread the word and if you have any critiques or ideas to make the ministry better. Blessings in Christ! :book2:

This is a great service. I have thought about this before, but here you are actually doing it. Praise God!

Also, I actually lived in Dayton for several years. Do you know North Dayton Baptist Church off 321 pass the prison? My dad pastored that church 5 years ago or so. I think the church has changed names now.

What a small world!

We just moved in to this area (Kenefick to be specific) 22 months ago. I am not familiar with that church. If you are ever in Dayton again, we should have lunch!

Thanks for the feedback brother!

We went to Kenefick frequently to swim and play baseball at the parks.

Don't worry about the church, it was not an endorsement. I was just curious if you knew of it.

Lunch sounds awesome. Not sure when I will be back in the area, but I will contact you before I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back