Reformation Study Bible special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture of it.

grymir-albums-grymir-s-photo-s-picture238-100-0407.jpg

The only thing I noticed is that it had no smell. My other Genuine Leather Bibles smell like a Bible should. Maybe it will develop over time?

I got mine, but it was burgundy. I was expecting black, but it doesn't matter either way.

I got mine, but it was burgundy. I was expecting black, but it doesn't matter either way.

Hey, me too! Were you a cheap donor? Maybe that has something to do with it. :think:

(I got mine too. Really nice, but let's not tell anybody. :book2: :p)

Got mine today. Can't decide whether to keep it (i have one but not leather) or give it away. Hmm...

Bless someone with it. That's what I'm doing.

The one I received will be a Festivus gift for my son. :lol:

Here's a picture of it.

The only thing I noticed is that it had no smell. My other Genuine Leather Bibles smell like a Bible should. Maybe it will develop over time?

Are you all saying that you got an extra one, also? Or are you talking about your first one being burgundy? Both of mine are black.
We thought about giving the other one as a gift, but we've already given this as gifts to the people we give gifts to, or they already have it.

I seriously think they had black and burgundy ones left, and when the black ran out, they just sent burgundy. Mine was burgundy, too, and I gave about 20% less than the normal cost of the Bible.

(Oh well! Jessica's last post disproves my hypothesis! I guess they just randomly sent black and burgundy.)

I actually wanted a burgundy one, but I like the black. I've never had a full-sized black leather Bible, and it is nice.

Hey, me too! Were you a cheap donor? Maybe that has something to do with it. :think:

Actually, yeah, I was probably on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I take it you were as well?

Yeah. I intend to be more generous in the future when finances allow, so my donation was pretty pathetic.

And no, Jessica, I only got one. And I don't mind black or burgundy--I already have the hardback so I plan to give the leather Bible as a gift to someone, but I don't know who yet.

If anyone has one they don't want or wants to donate a Reformation study bible I would love to take it off your hands...

Just send it to:

Joshua Morrison
803 State Route 168
Darlington, PA 16115

Here's a picture of it.

Ligonier has a very advanced fund development department. They sent the really good quality ones out to those of us who made REAL donations and sent the sans-leather smell ones to those of you cheapskates who sent them $1 or something like that. I guess, Timothy, we all know what you "contributed" for your Reformation Study Bible. Unlike salvation sola fide, when it comes to fund raising, another latinism is operative: quid pro quo. :lol::lol::lol:

(Actuallly, I was a little surprised too by the absence of a strong leather smell. And, it is genuine leather. :think: I wonder if being wrapped in plastic had something to do with it. Someone told me (old wives tale???) that leather needs to "breathe" and that it should not be encased in plastic wrap. But, hey, it was cool just to get one.)

BTW - mine was burgundy also even though it was ordered early. Maybe the folks in the stacks just reach for a Reformation Study Bible and ignore color. Burgundy happens to be my preferred color for a leather Bible anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back