Reformation Study Bible special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured $25 was fair, that's about half. I would feel guilty if I only gave $10 it costs almost that just to ship it.

:lol: Let me just say that I will be making up for my donation when funds allow. I would feel bad if I didn't know that for sure.

only wish they were selling the old NKJV in leather... I have a hardcover copy that's shot. (the black ESV I have in leather already)

Todd,

You might want to consider putting one of these around your hardcover New Geneva: Custom Leather Book Covers

I have a hardcover New Geneva from 1997 that is autographed by R.C. himself! This cover smells so good and is so supple. The only thing to be careful about is to place a piece of paper on either side to absorb some of the oil it has when you first get it.

only wish they were selling the old NKJV in leather... I have a hardcover copy that's shot. (the black ESV I have in leather already)

Todd,

You might want to consider putting one of these around your hardcover New Geneva: Custom Leather Book Covers

I have a hardcover New Geneva from 1997 that is autographed by R.C. himself! This cover smells so good and is so supple. The only thing to be careful about is to place a piece of paper on either side to absorb some of the oil it has when you first get it.

hey, not a bad idea :) - what's kind of amusing is I am pretty sure that's the same vintage as mine (without the embellishment).

Out of curiosity, how much are people donating to receive the study bible? I'd be interested in picking one up for 1/2 the regular price or there abouts, but would feel guilty if I took advantage of their generosity and made a $10 donation just to receive the bible. Or, am I over-analyzing this offer, and in doing so talking myself out of making a $10 donation (a good thing) and receiving a good study resource (a good thing)? I guess what I'm asking is, at what point am I just being cheap? Disclaimer, I'm said to take after my Scottish grandmother. ;)

Okay, I donated $20, which is still probably on the cheap side. I use a KJV/NIV parallel bible that my wife (but then girlfriend) gave and inscribed for me, and will continue to rely on it, but it will be nice to have a study bible and a different translation on the bookshelf to refer to.

Thanks, I just ordered one!

I love my NKJV rsb, and I am trying to decide who to give this one to.

I need to make a correction after talking to Ligonier today. This RSB will not have the color maps in the back. It will have the same text, study notes, and in-text maps, but it won't have the color maps in the back. I told them that I felt it was not clear in the ad. They offered to refund my donation, but I told them that it was fine as is since I don't use the maps that much anyway.

I sincerely apologize if my wrong assumption causes any problems for any of you. I am sure they would offer you a refund as well if you only wanted the newest printing with color maps.

I have not received mine, but I did get a letter with an insert for another donation if I was so inclined.

Can't wait to see it.

Yes, I received mine a week ago and really love the CD of Max McLean reading Romans that is included with it!

I did not get mine yet...
This will be our third leather, ESV RSB! My husband bought me my first one on our first wedding anniversary, but last year he drove away from church with it on the roof of our car. Then, after I bought another, I lost it somewhere after church as well! So somewhere in the city of Richmond, there are at least two RSB ESV's floating around! Maybe we are supposed to be reading KJV!

(On a side note, are Sundays actually one of the more chaotic days for any of you with little ones? No naps, sitting still for 2+ hours, etc...)

we got ours today!!! still looking at it though... now hubby doesn't know which to look at more..LOL ESV study Bible he broke down and bought or the Reform. ESV.... it were possible I do believe he would read both simultaniously...LOL... he's so cute <3

Mine came about a week ago. It is beautiful and $25 did not trouble my conscience.

Last edited:
Mine came, too! I am so happy you are all pleased with your Bibles! It is nice when we can share good deals with one another!

I am a little confused, however. As a regular monthly supporter of Ligonier, I'm used to my income tax receipt saying that no goods or services were exchanged for my contribution. Now, with a Bible certainly worth more than my $25 donation, what will they they with my receipt??? Will I be expected to reduce my reported general deductions for the year by the difference between this specific donation and the value of the Bible???

Maybe. Probably yes. But I think its based on how much it cost them, not how much it cost you. But I'm an idiot on such things. Why don't we ask the Barth Magic 8-Ball?

*The Historical Facts May/May Not Have Happened, But You Should Draw Spiritual Truths Anyway*

But, I'm still waiting to see if the ESV survives in my KJV house. I'm expecting a matter-antimatter kind of reaction. I'll be posting a long post about it when it arrives. Does a Leather ESV smell different than a KJV Leather Bible. I love that Bible smell. :p

Does a Leather ESV smell different than a KJV Leather Bible. I love that Bible smell. :p

Absolutely! The ESV will smell well aired, repeatedly used, and with no hint of lint. It is good genuine leather, don't you know? The KJV will smell of dust and mustiness, sort of like that odd odor in the homes of older people cooped up in their houses who never get out.

Does a Leather ESV smell different than a KJV Leather Bible. I love that Bible smell. :p

Absolutely! The ESV will smell well aired, repeatedly used, and with no hint of lint. The KJV will smell of dust and mustiness, sort of like that odd odor in the homes of older people cooped up in their houses who never get out.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's great! I feel like a kid at Christmas. I know it will be here in a few days. Waiting for me to get home from work one day this week. I will be so torn. A nice new shinny Bible. I'll actually pick it up and readeth it. How long will it be until I give up and compair it to my KJV? Sounds like an Etexas poll waiting to happen! :lol:

I just love my KJV. It isn't leather-bound, but tacky old blue vinyl. Actually, these days, I read a lot on the computer, but still the KJV.

I got a letter thanking me for my donation, but no Bible yet. Unfortunately, I'm going out of town for the next week, so I may not get to see it until December! (Horror of horrors!)

Got mine today. Can't decide whether to keep it (i have one but not leather) or give it away. Hmm...

I missed out on this deal... if ya'll see something like this happening again send me a shout out! :)

We received two copies:confused: We donated on Reformation Day and received one a couple of weeks ago. Then, yesterday, we got another.
My husband is excited to have his own copy, so we're just going to re-donate, but it was odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back