Reformation Study Bible special!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grace Alone

Puritan Board Senior
The RSB in black genuine leather is being sent "free" with a donation of any size to Ligonier from 10/27-11/2, while supplies last (one per household). They normally sell for $42.00.

Ligonier Ministries | The Reformation Study Bible

I still choose to use a RSB because the notes are solidly reformed and the size is easier to manage than the ESVSB. This should be the newest printing which includes maps at the back.

Thanks, Janis,

Just ordered mine! It is indeed a wonderful resource. Having it in leather will be a neat blessing!

You guys are very welcome! I ordered one, too, since I had the old hardback. I gave my husband the leather one awhile back.

only wish they were selling the old NKJV in leather... I have a hardcover copy that's shot. (the black ESV I have in leather already)

Timothy bought an ESV?!?!?!?!?! Oh my! This must be a sign of the apocalypse!!!

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Yes. It's true. The KJV rules in our home (ie, settle theological disputes), but sometimes someone wants something 'less' to be able to help understand. And next to the KJV, Genuine Leather Bibles Rule. And I'm a Sproul fan.

O.k. Enough rationalization, I've gone apostate. I guess I've read to much Barth and it's affected my thinking. :lol:

We can tell all the dispensationalist's I'm the false prophet

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed, another Study Bible. I was thinking of getting a copy of this anyway and this will work out perfectly. :)

Thank you for the link. We are certain this is legitimate. A brother here at seminary is fearful this might be a scam. I don't think so, so I ordered mine. Any one fear this is not "kosher"? :eek:

Ligonier's reputable; your brother needn't worry about being scammed. Last year, on Reformation Day only, they offered a hardback RSB at a low promotional price.

Out of curiosity, how much are people donating to receive the study bible? I'd be interested in picking one up for 1/2 the regular price or there abouts, but would feel guilty if I took advantage of their generosity and made a $10 donation just to receive the bible. Or, am I over-analyzing this offer, and in doing so talking myself out of making a $10 donation (a good thing) and receiving a good study resource (a good thing)? I guess what I'm asking is, at what point am I just being cheap? Disclaimer, I'm said to take after my Scottish grandmother. ;)

OK, I'll be the one: I did give $10. No, it wasn't much, but it is going to be the first study bible my son has ever had. Right now he has an Amharic KJV but his English is improving and I think he'd love an RSB from dad (we're still repairing a lot of Ethiopian Orthodox damage - this will help!)

And I will sleep well tonight about it.

What verification email did everyone get with their donation?

I ask because I haven't gotten one yet and I donated this afternoon around 1:00.

Here's the verification I got:

Thank you for supporting our global mission to spread biblical truth. We are excited to see the many ways that God is utilizing Ligonier Ministries through the prayers and gifts of people like yourself. Our desire is to be faithful stewards of the gifts entrusted to us. Please pray for effective outreach and the Lord's blessing on our many broadcasts, events, and Christian education resources.

If you have requested a resource along with your gift, we will have that sent to you as quickly as possible. In most cases, it will be mailed sooner, but please allow up to 6-8 weeks for delivery. If you have any questions, you may reply to [email protected].

Thank you again for your gift. You have strengthened and encouraged us.

Yours in Christ,

John Petersen
Director of Development

I did get an email with the subject line: Thank you for your gift!

Check your spam mail just to be sure the automated email didn't go there.

I donated $15 and will likely give it to a friend (as I already have one, plus an ESV study bible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back