Reformation OC Conference: Orange County, October 28-30, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
Reformation OC Conference: Orange County, October 28-30, 2011 (AUDIO LINKS ADDED)

UPDATE, November 4, 2011

AUDIO LINKS have begun being posted. Here are the first two and I will add more as files are uploaded!

Rev. David Stark - Preservation of Scripture: A Lost Doctrine of the Reformation? (A presuppositional defense of the Textus Receptus)

Rev. John Sawtelle - The Warrior Pastor: Appropriating the Example of Ulrich Zwingli for a 21st Century Reformation

OLD POST BELOW

Hi All,

I am posting this to let anyone in the Southern California area know of an upcoming conference my church is planning entitled "Reformation OC Conference 2011." The dates are October 28-30, 2011. You can get more information at the conference's web site, here:

Reformation OC Conference - Home

Note, the PB's own Rev. Danny Hyde is scheduled to speak! As is Apologetics.com host Christopher Neiswonger.

Pencil it into your calendars today!

PS- For all the latest updates, "Like" the conference's page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reformation-OC-Conference/117827328311184

Last edited:
Looks interesting, Seth! Curious as to who will be leading the breakout session entitled "Christ and Culture: In Whose Kingdom Do We Live?". Will that be Danny Hyde as well?

I don't know Mark (I haven't been involved in booking the speakers), but I will find out for you!

Mark: It seems that the Breakout Sessions have not all been assigned, so there is no assigned speaker for that particular topic (and the topic may in fact be changed, if we don't find someone to speak on that issue). Stay tuned to see if/when we book someone on that topic!

Mark: It seems that the Breakout Sessions have not all been assigned, so there is no assigned speaker for that particular topic (and the topic may in fact be changed, if we don't find someone to speak on that issue). Stay tuned to see if/when we book someone on that topic!

I can suggest a couple of names of solid Reformed/Presbyterian theologians that could address that topic. If you would like the names and contact info, let me know.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I can suggest a couple of names of solid Reformed/Presbyterian theologians that could address that topic. If you would like the names and contact info, let me know.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Mark, any info you pass to me, I will be glad to pass onto those involved with inviting speakers. I should add: Southern Californians would be preferred, so as to keep costs to a minimum.

I wanted to give this thread a bump, and note that the following men have been confirmed as speakers:

Dr. Ron Gleason (Pastor of Grace Presbyterian Church PCA, Yorba Lina, CA)
Rev. Danny Hyde (Pastor of Oceanside United Reformed Church URCNA, Oceanside, CA)
Rev. James Kim (Pastor of Jubilee Presbyterian Church KAPC, Irvine, CA)
Rev. David Stark (Pastor of Grace Presbyterian Church CARPC, Redding, CA)
Rev. Paul Viggiano (Pastor of Branch of Hope OPC, Torrance, CA)
Lindsay Brooks (Host of the Apologetics.com Radio Show)
Christopher Neiswonger (Host of the Apologetics.com Radio Show)
Sam Welbaum (Staff Apologist, Apologetics.com)

More speakers still to be announced. Be sure to check out the conference web page (Reformation OC Conference - Home) and also to "Like" us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reformation-OC-Conference/117827328311184)!

Cool! You are going to take over the Crystal Cathedral for an evening service! Great idea! Seth, is a relative of yours one of the speakers by any chance?

I am definitely looking into this.

I hope to be there. I pray I am not on business travel at that time.
I look forward to seeing you again Seth, if I make it...

There is less than a month to go until the Reformation OC Conference! A lot of information about speakers and topics has been posted on the Conference's web site (Reformation OC Conference - Home). You can get more regular updates by "Liking" the Conference's Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reformation-OC-Conference/117827328311184). A flyer has been put together as well:

6739249.jpg

If you are in the Southern California area at the end of October, please come to this conference!

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Here is a final list of speakers and topics:

Friday, October 28
Rev. Kent Moorlach (Communion Presbyterian Church (ARP), Irvine, CA): The Earliest Apostolic Sermons Taught the Doctrine of Justification

Christopher Neiswonger (Host of Apologetics.com Radio Show): Jerusalem, Constantinople, and Rome: The Genius of Protestantism

Sam Welbaum (Staff Apologist at Apologetics.com): The Doctrine of Sin

Lindsay Brooks (Host of Apologetics.com Radio Show): A New Song Played With Skill

Rev. James Kim (Jubilee Presbyterian Church (KAPC), Irvine, CA): Grace: Saving, Transforming, Assuring

Rev. Paul Viggiano (Branch of Hope (OPC), Torrance, CA): Apologetics of the Reformation

Saturday, October 29, 2011
Rev. Kent Moorlach (Communion Presbyterian Church (ARP), Irvine, CA): The "New Speak" of Liberal Christianity (A Conversation)

Rev. Danny Hyde (Oceanside United Reformed Church (URCNA), Oceanside, CA): Welcome to a Reformed Church

Christopher Neiswonger (Host of Apologetics.com Radio Show): We Sin Because We Are Good At It: Confession & Forgiveness

Rev. David Stark (Grace Presbyterian Church (CARPC), Redding, CA: Preservation of Scripture: A Lost Doctrine of the Reformation?

Rev. Danny Hyde (Oceanside United Reformed Church (URCNA), Oceanside, CA): The Work of the Holy Spirit in the Reformed Tradition

Rev. Philip DeCoursey (Kindred Church, Anaheim, CA): Bring the Book: The Power of Protestant Pulpits

Rev. John Sawtelle (All Saints Reformed Church (URCNA), Brea, CA): The Warrior-Pastor: Appropriating the Example of Ulrich Zwingli for a 21st Century Reformation

Rev. Jonathan Moersch (Church Planter (URCNA), Capistrano Beach, CA): Salvation by: Imputation or Infusion (What's the Difference?)

Rev. David Stark (Grace Presbyterian Church (CARPC), Redding, CA: The Lord's Day Sabbath: Precious Jewel of Puritan Practice

A flyer for the conference has been created. Just a little over 2 weeks left! There is a Reformation OC Conference Event page on Facebook, where you can register as "attending". If you plan on coming, it would be helpful for those of us organizing it if you would RSVP. Hope to see you there!

3162260_orig.jpg

The audio from my talk will be available soon (I have to transfer it from my digital recorder to by Macbook and then put it online somewhere)!

I also have the audio from two other breakout sessions (Rev. David Stark on Preservation of Scripture and Rev. David Stark on The Lord's Day Sabbath) that I need to put online.

I'll be sure to post links once I've got all these recordings online!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back