"Real Worship"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwithnell

Staff member
Christians are called to begin their week by worshipping God. In Providence we may not be able to physically join our local body. That means spending time in the scriptures, praying, and singing, alone or with our families.

Living with any illness in the community -- coronavirus is one -- means we can take advantage of a modern service: livestreaming. Please don't split hairs over what to call this. It offers a guided time of worship and allows a time when we may join together and approach the living God.

I've experienced this with sick babies and while caring for my parents. Worship has entered my room and hospital rooms at 11 a.m. It is a joy to know my voice is blended with other saints, though at a distance. It is a joy to know that nurses, aids, and doctors were introduced, though in a scattered manner, to Christian worship.

For the first time, my congregation will offer a live feed. It will be in the section "In this time ..." I wish it could be polished a lot more, but it will serve its purpose now and in future weeks, though I'm praying that at least a few of us will be able to gather at the church building.

Pray for all. Our county now has three cases. We have a chance to show the world that this day is made for worship.

Last edited:
We just finished our livestream service and it was a real sweet time of worship for my family. I am so very thankful we have the technological means to do this. We were really blessed by the preaching, which was on Romans 1:1-6.

We're going to have a light lunch in a bit and then I'll sit down with the kids to continue our reading through the book of Hebrews followed by a study of Chapters 29 & 30 of the 1689. Probably take a short break and then dive into this week's Reformation heroes which are King Edward VI and Lady Jane Grey.

After dinner we'll gather in the living room to sing a hymn or two followed by some family devotions based on the Heidelberg Catechism (Starr Meade).

Be happy and blessed my friends! Christ is our life.

Thank you so much for the livestream. I was tremendously blessed by worshipping along with your church family. It lifted me up and strengthened me. To be “in Christ” is truly everything needful.

Thank you so much for the livestream. I was tremendously blessed by worshipping along with your church family. It lifted me up and strengthened me. To be “in Christ” is truly everything needful.
Thank you for the kind words. I am delighted you could join with us. We're new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back