Re Transmission of the Text Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Ferguson,

Sadly, some folks do not argue along with the Church (The Reformers), but along with enemies of the Church.

"I followed ancient and approved manuscripts" -John Calvin Commentary on 1 Corinthians 7:26, p.253.

No.

Read what I said carefully.

I said some folks argue "along" with enemies of the Church, instead of with the Reformers.

Don't you think? Is this not true?

The link you provided is Rev. Keister opinion.

Last edited:
Gill, Ferguson says both the CT and MT are corruptions. I don't want to post too much, since his thread got deleted and this one will probably follow.

If someone were to put out a new edition of the TR (there have been over 100, many of which disagree with each other which makes all except hypothetically one corruptions) and they were to change Rev. 22:19 to conform to 98% of Byzantine readings Ferguson would call that new edition "corrupt". If the new edition of the TR would bring Rev. 16:5 into conformity to every single one of the Byzantine texts we have, he would call it corrupt. Good luck with finding any any Reformed scholars attached to accredited institutes of higher learning to agree with you and him.

TimV,

I m not Dr. Ferguson. You can send him a private message or wait for him to post.

Regarding Rev. 16:5 what do you want the TR or KJV to say?

Thanks Brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back