Re-introduction/Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgkortus

Puritan Board Freshman
When I first joined the Puritan Board I was working my way toward seminary. I have since graduated from the Protestant Reformed Theological School back in June 2019. Shortly thereafter I received an official call to be the pastor of Hope PR Church in Redlands, CA. I was ordained into the ministry on October 6, 2019. So I am still in year one of my ministry.

Regarding my family, I believe I was recently married when I joined PB. Since then, my wife and I have been blessed with two beautiful daughters: Abigail and Emily.

De Jager

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Matt. I live about 10 minutes from one of the two PRCs in Canada...although I attend a URC.

I appreciate the PRC as a whole and wonder if there has been any talk of making any kind of ecumenical contacts within NAPARC?

yeutter

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings Presbyter Matt;
Thanks for greeting us from the San Bernardino area. Do you feel isolated out there with no other PR Churches nearby, and few other Reformed witnesses in the area?

mgkortus

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Matt. I live about 10 minutes from one of the two PRCs in Canada...although I attend a URC.

I appreciate the PRC as a whole and wonder if there has been any talk of making any kind of ecumenical contacts within NAPARC?
Our denomination has sent visitors to NAPARC for the past several years. In addition to attending the meeting itself last year, the delegates from our denomination also attended two discussions with delegations from other denominations, one with the URC, the other with the RCUS. Our synod (broadest assembly) also just approved sending visitors again this year.

mgkortus

Puritan Board Freshman
Greetings Presbyter Matt;
Thanks for greeting us from the San Bernardino area. Do you feel isolated out there with no other PR Churches nearby, and few other Reformed witnesses in the area?
Relative to the rest of our denomination, we are certainly on an island here in Redlands from a geographical point of view. The nearest PR church is over a thousand miles away in Colorado. So yes, I do miss contact with fellow ministers from our denomination. Although, on account of the warm climate, we do get many visitors from others in the denomination during the winter months.

Thankfully, there is also an OPC here in Redlands. I have been in contact with the minister there. I am also hoping that our proximity to Escondido will allow me to attend the WSC Annual Conference from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.