Questions re: 2 books

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say anything about either book, but I do have another book by Pastoor & Johnson called "The A to Z of the Puritans". I find this to be a nice book to flip through. It has a lot of good information. But it is not exhaustive. I'm thinking they probably shouldn't have named the book "The A to Z", as there is a lot missing...

I can't say anything about either book, but I do have another book by Pastoor & Johnson called "The A to Z of the Puritans". I find this to be a nice book to flip through. It has a lot of good information. But it is not exhaustive. I'm thinking they probably shouldn't have named the book "The A to Z", as there is a lot missing...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking at the Coffey volume upon the recommendation of a friend, and I stumbled across the dictionary while hunting up a copy of William Haller's The Rise of Puritanism on Amazon.

I am curious what it is that makes you believe these volumes might justify the expense?

I'm not at all sure that the dictionary is worth it, hence my inquiry. An Amazon review said it was scholarly and underrated. I'm not able to afford it at present, but if it's helpful enough, I'd be willing to save up for a while (and I mean a long while).

The Coffey volume was recommended by a friend whose judgment I trust, but he's not sure of the difference (if there is any) in the two covers. They have the same ISBN, but I can't find any good info online about any difference. I'm very interested in it -- just want to make sure I get the "right" one. It's also one which is requiring some saving up to purchase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back