Question on the Anglican Province

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.C. Dean

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hello all,

I discovered recently that there is a congregation of the Anglican Province of America (APA). I have seen it mentioned before on the board, and someone called it a Reformed diocese. Can anyone provide any information on the APA?

anglican.PNG

@W.C. Dean

There are a few Anglicans on the board who can likely give more detail, but the REs used to be fairly reformed, but after the Episcopal church split, they jointed up with some of the other dissenters in the ACNA, and have lost a big chunk of their reformed distictives. Among the African churches, they have ties to the Nigerians and the Ugandans. They are in communion with the APA, an Anglo-Catholic body.

Since the APA is on the list above, I'll state that it is decidedly NOT a reformed body. The other Anglican bodies mentioned would probably fall between those two, and would probably have a range of membership from near reformed to more Catholic than the pope (which isn't as hard as it used to be).

I used to keep up with the various Anglican/Episcopal issues while the split was going on - generally out of an interest in the legal issues surrounding property, but also because it was a local issue - the meeting to organize the split was called the Plano conference, although it turned out to be so big they had to move it down to Dallas. But I haven't kept up in the last 5 -10 years.

I discovered recently that there is a congregation of the Anglican Province of America (APA). I have seen it mentioned before on the board, and someone called it a Reformed diocese. Can anyone provide any information on the APA?

They are part of the Continuing Anglican splinter movement and are very Anglo-Catholic. The APA is about as far from Reformed as you'll find among the various Anglican groups. Here is the blog of Chad Jones the Bishop Coadjutor of the Diocese of the Eastern United States of the APA.

When you think APA think hardcore Tractarian / Oxford Movement types of Anglicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back