Question from a seminarian friend

• Thread starter Deleted member 11889
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 11889

A friend of mine who is a seminary student has recently begun taking an apologetics class and has voiced concerns that it misrepresents and oversimplifies the "classical apologetics" perspective in its advocacy of presuppositionalism. He asked me if I could recommend a good book for giving a fair view of the non-CVT viewpoint. So, with no offense intended toward ardent supporters of Van Til, can anyone recommend some good reading material from the other side?

I always hear our Lutheran friends going on about Dr. John Warwick Montgomery. I haven't read or listened to him yet, so couldn't say.

George Mavrodes is supposed to be pretty good from a classical pov too, I think.

I haven't read him yet either. :rolleyes:

My 'To Read' list is at least 15 years long....

Montgomery is a lot of fun to listen to.

Sproul's Classical Apologetics is the best critique of Van Til. It is not the best positive statement of the cosmological argument. That would be Ed Feser's Five Arguments for the Existence of God.

Montgomery is a lot of fun to listen to.

Sproul's Classical Apologetics is the best critique of Van Til. It is not the best positive statement of the cosmological argument. That would be Ed Feser's Five Arguments for the Existence of God.

Concerning Montgomery - any recommendations on where to start with him?

Concerning Montgomery - any recommendations on where to start with him?

Depending on one's public library, some of the electronic apps have all of his lectures. His podcast is pretty good.

As for books, I really enjoyed his one on the occult, Principalities and Powers.

His classic is Faith Founded on Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back