Question for Sabbatarians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel,
If visitors are deliberately trying to slip in and out, they're not looking for an invitation to lunch, I imagine. You say you have folks available to engage visitors; they could simply extend the invitation on behalf of their family or the families who have offered to prepare a meal for guests.

We get less than fifty percent of our visitors who accept the invitation. But we've extended the hospitality, which is our responsibility, not that of our guests.

If your heart isn't it, it isn't hospitality--it's a duty, and people can sense the difference.

So what would you say is minimally required?

I'm not sure I can give you a simple answer to that. The day is to be set apart, and clearly it is not a day for work. The minimal requirements are what is laid out in scripture. Nothing more.

I know it's popular on PB to come up with a list of what is and what is not allowed, but I don't think the Sabbath is that simple.

The pieces about our words and thoughts cannot be about work or recreation is, in my opinion, extra-biblical. As well as the whole of the day being in public and private worship.

There are a few members here who attend Churches that are open all day and evening (example: 9am to 6 pm.) I find that to be a great idea, and causes no one to have to volunteer to open their home or worry that a visitor might be missed. I'm not a sabbatarian and this idea appeals to me greatly yet I've spoken to and heard from strict sabbatarians who don't like the idea...odd (in my opinion)

Well, nine hours of socializing is exhausting for someone who is even mildly introverted. Maybe some people feel that having church all day makes it difficult to rest. Also, for people who value having several free hours to study the Bible alone, it is a little long. I'm not sure this is a great argument; it's one I would make, but I think it may be selfish preference. On the other hand, I think it's difficult for church friends to be together and focus entirely on God, so maybe there is a legitimate argument for some balance between public and private worship on the Lord's Day.

There are a few members here who attend Churches that are open all day and evening (example: 9am to 6 pm.) I find that to be a great idea, and causes no one to have to volunteer to open their home or worry that a visitor might be missed. I'm not a sabbatarian and this idea appeals to me greatly yet I've spoken to and heard from strict sabbatarians who don't like the idea...odd (in my opinion)

Well, nine hours of socializing is exhausting for someone who is even mildly introverted. Maybe some people feel that having church all day makes it difficult to rest. Also, for people who value having several free hours to study the Bible alone, it is a little long. I'm not sure this is a great argument; it's one I would make, but I think it may be selfish preference. On the other hand, I think it's difficult for church friends to be together and focus entirely on God, so maybe there is a legitimate argument for some balance between public and private worship on the Lord's Day.

I don't think it's wrong not to have an all day service like I mentioned, not at all, but in regard to sabbatarian issues/concerns I think it would make it easier, and more enjoyable (at least for me). It may be selfish preference because I could do the all day fellowship every single day if not for work.

I've often said to my wife that I could give up TV, the internet, etc. if I had any Christian friends who wanted to gather to discuss the bible, theology, and to pray, etc. Outside the PB I've never had a friend that would be interested in that, even Christian friends. Everyone is "too busy".

I'm not sure I can give you a simple answer to that. The day is to be set apart, and clearly it is not a day for work. The minimal requirements are what is laid out in scripture. Nothing more.

I know it's popular on PB to come up with a list of what is and what is not allowed, but I don't think the Sabbath is that simple.

The pieces about our words and thoughts cannot be about work or recreation is, in my opinion, extra-biblical. As well as the whole of the day being in public and private worship.

Well of course you can give us an immediate answer. You already told us you do believe in and keep the 4th command

I just asked how you do that.
You say as in scripture, could you site some of those scriptures you follow that tell us how to keep the 4th?

As for my comment on ministers being non-Confessional, no there were a group at Westminster who all signed on with no exceptions for the benefit of unity.
I see no reason not to continue that.

Again because we hold to the Confession as a proper explanation of scripture it does not mean we hold it equal to or above.

But the whole point of the Confession was t have something to agree to not something to disagree to.
How nonsensical.

Daniel,
If visitors are deliberately trying to slip in and out, they're not looking for an invitation to lunch, I imagine.

Exactly. I can't speak about every visitor that comes to our church, but if a visitor is wanting to be noticed, he will be successful.

Invitations to lunch are wonderful, and I'm aware of a lot of that going on in our church. My point is that the church as a whole is not organizing it. We occasionally have visitor luncheons at the church, but that is about once a quarter. The number of times that we have "Sabbatarian" out-of-town visitors who have no place to eat lunch are very few, I imagine. Like I said before, if our church finds out that such people are coming, they will be accommodated. I just don't think it's necessary that a structure be put in place to ensure that each week each visitor is sought out and fed.

I almost forgot, we also have a continually-running Pastor's Class during the SS hour (which meets after worship) where visitors are invited to meet the Pastor, some of the elders, and learn about the church. That is how a lot of visitors get a lunch invite.

ReformedWretch
I've often said to my wife that I could give up TV, the internet, etc. if I had any Christian friends who wanted to gather to discuss the bible, theology, and to pray, etc. Outside the PB I've never had a friend that would be interested in that, even Christian friends. Everyone is "too busy".

One thing that might be helpful is set a time for Bible reading at home on the Lord's Day.

Begin and end with prayer, you lead in reading and discussing the passage with your wife. If you have guests or neighbors nearby, invite them for that fixed time of Bible reading. If it's only you and your wife, that's okay. That's an example of "family worship" and God will bless your obedience.

During the period when I held to a strict Christian Sabbath position, I attended 3 OPC churches that were generally not of like conviction. I was never hindered in my observance, only encouraged. I found that most ministers and elders in these churches, strict Sabbatarian or not, observed the Lord's Day without undue interruptions from the world.

:ditto: But once again I'm jaded by the dirty looks and looks of horror in a Sabbatarian congregation when I brought up the topic of my occupation on a particular occasion. This was years ago but I made a commitment to myself then and haven't changed since that I will NOT make this a Pharasaical or Legalistic endeavor. With that said it is the "Lord's Day" and as such I give as much attention to Worship, Fellowship, and Spiritual exercises as I am able to enjoy on a particular Sunday. I truly believe that is what Christ was trying to convey in the New Testament as He wanted to avoid making the Lord's Day something in which we as observers could boast in but rather enjoy for our Benefit. My :2cents:

:ditto: But once again I'm jaded by the dirty looks and looks of horror in a Sabbatarian congregation when I brought up the topic of my occupation on a particular occasion. This was years ago but I made a commitment to myself then and haven't changed since that I will NOT make this a Pharasaical or Legalistic endeavor. With that said it is the "Lord's Day" and as such I give as much attention to Worship, Fellowship, and Spiritual exercises as I am able to enjoy on a particular Sunday. I truly believe that is what Christ was trying to convey in the New Testament as He wanted to avoid making the Lord's Day something in which we as observers could boast in but rather enjoy for our Benefit. My :2cents:

Got any scripture to teach this or give you this liberty on the 4th or is it just a feeling you have?
Is anything forbidden at all in the 4th?

Well of course you can give us an immediate answer. You already told us you do believe in and keep the 4th command

I just asked how you do that.
You say as in scripture, could you site some of those scriptures you follow that tell us how to keep the 4th?

But i'm not going to give a list of Do's and Don'ts. See Scott's post (#2 I think) where he references the WCF's proofs. Those are the texts I use as a guide.
As for what my Sabbath looks like, I set the day apart as holy. I plan ahead so that I don't have to do ordinary activities on Sunday, such as grocery shopping, filling up cars with gas, etc. I don't do work in the yard or work related to my job. My wife plans ahead with our meal so we can just pop something in the oven. I go to church with my family, then we come home and rest. Sometimes that "rest" is in the form of recreation. If it's a nice day we load up the kids in strollers, get the dog, and all go for a walk. Sometimes we'll spend the afternoon in the backyard, pushing my daughter in a swing or throwing a frisbee. My family spends more time together on Sunday than any day of the week, so it's a day for us to play catch up. We enjoy each other's company. We DON'T spend the whole day talking about theology. We talk about all kinds of things. We worship, and we rest. That is our Sabbath.

You asked for a minimal requirement, but I don't know what to tell you other than what Scripture says. I think my Sunday's are in line with the Sabbath guidelines.
Again because we hold to the Confession as a proper explanation of scripture it does not mean we hold it equal to or above.

I just see it as problematic when people are more quick to quote the Confession than Scripture.

But the whole point of the Confession was t have something to agree to not something to disagree to.
How nonsensical.

I get the point of a Confession. It's a great thing. I love the WCF, as it does an incredibly job summarizing the key points of our faith. But it's not perfect. I think a small percentage of it is extra-biblical, but I don't consider those things deal-breakers by any means.

Got any scripture to teach this or give you this liberty on the 4th or is it just a feeling you have?
Is anything forbidden at all in the 4th?

What Liberty are you referring to?

so it's a day for us to play catch up.

Then do you believe this scripture is not one you would use to guide you how to keep the 4th

Isa 58:13-14
3 "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the LORD honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

14 Then you shall delight yourself in the LORD;
NKJV

Also funny you complain some use Confession quicker than scripture yet you site no scripture for your obedience. But if you check mine I use scripture far more than Confession

Then do you believe this scripture is not one you would use to guide you how to keep the 4th

Isa 58:13-14
3 "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the LORD honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

14 Then you shall delight yourself in the LORD;
NKJV

This scripture guides as well. This passage was listed earlier in the thread by Scott as a WCF proof.

I think to understand this passage we need to determine what "your pleasure" refers to. Question: Do you take pleasure in the worship of God? I would imagine you do. I ask that question because I don't think "your pleasure" necessarily refers to everything that you and I enjoy.
Earlier in the chapter (vs 3-4) it draws a connection between "your pleasure" and quarreling, fighting, and oppressing. I think this is what the passage is getting at. I think it is speaking against defiling the Lord's day with our sinful ways.

Also funny you complain some use Confession quicker than scripture yet you site no scripture for your obedience. But if you check mine I use scripture far more than Confession

I don't see the humor. I pointed to Scott's earlier post where he referenced the WCF proofs. That's a whole bunch of Scripture. I guess I could have copied and pasted it into my own post, but I thought it'd be easier just to point to where it was already listed.

Daniel,

This is not a question of what your pleasure is, but what is the converse of your pleasure, namely God's pleasure. It seems to me its implied you should cease doing as you please and then do as God pleases.

Daniel,

This is not a question of what your pleasure is, but what is the converse of your pleasure, namely God's pleasure. It seems to me its implied you should cease doing as you please and then do as God pleases.

So is that different than any other day? Is it only 1 day a week that we should do as God pleases?

Daniel,

So is that different than any other day? Is it only 1 day a week that we should do as God pleases?

No, the only possible distinction is that we do not do our pleasure and we only worship God and do that which is distinctively Holy or set apart for God's special worship.

Else it would be no different than any day and thus meaningless.

So the meaning is obvious. I think you are smart enough to see this, maybe you just don't want to admit it.

If it is to be set apart as holy to the Lord. What would be different?

So if it is to be separate to God and we are not to do that which is our normal pleasure that we can do on other days what would we not do we do on other days?
Yes of course we can pray and read the word on other days also, but on Lord's day we do not do those things that are normal duties in our earthly lives, other than deeds of necessity and mercy. We are not to try to spin or twist this to allow that it will be merciful to buy a ticket to a sports event and go relax there since I seldom do this.

Or that we are to be holy in all things and do all things to the Lord.

Again these would make the 4th commandment meaningless.

If you say you do believe it and you do not rebel but keep the 4th commandment you may want to re-evaluate this so it is clear in your mind you are doing only those things that are specifically of spiritual worship to God. If you are uncertain about this it might be wise to consult our fathers that were Godly and see how it has been done throughout the church.

What is different is that it is a day of worship and rest. The other days of the week I work. Sunday is different. I attend worship, and I rest.

So if it is to be separate to God and we are not to do that which is our normal pleasure that we can do on other days what would we not do we do on other days?

I disagree about the pleasure part. I think we are allowed to have pleasures on the Lord's day, so long as they are not sinful.
Can a man and his wife have sex on the Lord's day? That's a serious question.

Yes of course we can pray and read the word on other days also, but on Lord's day we do not do those things that are normal duties in our earthly lives, other than deeds of necessity and mercy.

I don't do all of my normal duties on the Sabbath. I rest. Like I said, I plan ahead and do things like shopping beforehand.

If you are uncertain about this it might be wise to consult our fathers that were Godly and see how it has been done throughout the church.

I do consult church fathers, but not necessarily the Puritans. Like I said before, I don't think they had a special knowledge or wisdom that our church fathers today do not have. I don't want to make this an argument about which big names are on what side, but just want to say that I am not alone in my exception to the WCF regarding the Sabbath.

What is different is that it is a day of worship and rest. The other days of the week I work. Sunday is different. I attend worship, and I rest.

Daniel,

What type of rest are we to engage in on the Lord's Day? Obviously, if the body is tired, a nap is not a bad or sinful thing. But since the Sabbath was consecrated by God (made holy), would it be appropriate for us to follow God's example by also consecrating the day? Consider:

Genesis 2:2 2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

What type of rest did God engage in? Did God cease to uphold the law of physics that bind the universe together? Did he cease to sustain His creation? Obviously the answer is "no."

Genesis 2:3 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

God made the seventh day holy, because in it He finished His creative work. So, the Lord's Day rest is not specifically a physical rest. It is a holy rest. As God still performed works of necessity (i.e. sustaining His creation), we are able to follow His example by acts of love and mercy towards the saints.

I disagree about the pleasure part. I think we are allowed to have pleasures on the Lord's day, so long as they are not sinful.
Can a man and his wife have sex on the Lord's day? That's a serious question.

Yes of course we can pray and read the word on other days also, but on Lord's day we do not do those things that are normal duties in our earthly lives, other than deeds of necessity and mercy.

I don't do all of my normal duties on the Sabbath. I rest. Like I said, I plan ahead and do things like shopping beforehand.

If you are uncertain about this it might be wise to consult our fathers that were Godly and see how it has been done throughout the church.

I do consult church fathers, but not necessarily the Puritans. Like I said before, I don't think they had a special knowledge or wisdom that our church fathers today do not have. I don't want to make this an argument about which big names are on what side, but just want to say that I am not alone in my exception to the WCF regarding the Sabbath.

You're obviously not alone in your view of the Lord's Day. I tend to approach the day very similar to you with worship and fellowship with the saints being the primary activity on that day.

This may not be the thread for this (and I'm sure there are a hundred others in the PB achieve) but to simply go to the text of the Fourth Commandment, quote it, cite some OT Scripture and think that ends the discussion is patently wrong. Christ has come. Israel (the typological nation) is no longer. Christ has modified the Fourth Commandment and our relation to it. We don't worship on Saturday do we? But the Fourth Commandment commands that we worship on Saturday. What happened? Christ came.

So, am I arguing that there is nothing for the Christian in the Fourth Commandment? Certainly not. My only point is that the Fourth Commandment has changed and our relation to it. The argument among us is how much.

If you ask me what are our obligations on the Lord's Day and what does the Fourth Commandment teach? I couldn't give as full an answer as some may want. I am still grappling with my new position, but I do know that it is not as easy as quoting Exodus or Isaiah (although there is certainly nothing wrong with that). Quoting simply those OT texts were enough for Israel but it is not enough for us.

God made the seventh day holy, because in it He finished His creative work. So, the Lord's Day rest is not specifically a physical rest. It is a holy rest. As God still performed works of necessity (i.e. sustaining His creation), we are able to follow His example by acts of love and mercy towards the saints.

I agree about rest--it's more than just a physical thing. But if pressed for a simple answer of what I think the Sabbath is for, it is to worship and rest. I don't see the point in trying to define it more than Scripture does by composing a list of sinful activities on the Sabbath.

Can either of you site any scripture for your views?

If it is different then show me where and how it is different? I agree that the day was changed, This was not by one man's arbitrary decision. We have scripture that shows Christ met the disciples and the first day and that is when they met.

Can you show me where anything else was changed?

1st you say you did your own pleasure and play with the kids and did things for yourself to catch up. Then you say well I rest.

I simply agree with you that you aren't clear and to keep studying and praying.
But be open to the fact that the scripture is clear how it is to be kept and what duties are forbidden and prescribed even if you would not agree with all of the practical conclusion of the Larger Catechism. Which by the way does warn us not to waste the day in sleep but to be actively doing spiritual duties.

So if you think that you can do your pleasure then you do disagree that the passage I quoted no longer applies to us.

so I challenge you, not here, not now, but just as I did and many of us have done, to go to prayer about it and study God's word and see if you have been holding out on Him.
Ask for the Spirit to convict you of what to do to sanctify it and bring scriptures to you on how it has changed.

I never found any.

But you may. But I order my life by the scriptures and obey them and do waht is pleasing to God.

So I am not against the fact you may have some time to play with the kids, I am concerned for you how you get there and how you argue this point.

IT seems you are making changes and doing well in your duties.

Now just go a little farther perhaps if you haven't and give up the whole day to Him and ask Him to guide you to how to keep it holy to Him .

This was one issue when God was convicting me and changing me rapidly in the reformed faith that I rebelled to and refused to study at all.

I simply prayed God if this sabbath is to be kept and we are to delight ourselves in you in that day not doing our own pleasure then convict me and teach me.

I was in college with so much to do and people to meet and places to go.

Within 2 weeks I had lost all desire to do anything but read and study the word and rest and no playing or fun or recreation etc. It all left.

Then I began to study the subject, day change, how to sanctify it etc. But I did not want it to be a legal thing or a fundamental set of man made rules like the Talmud had.

And God in His Mercy did graciously convict me. And continues to because everything is not laid out clearly.

And yes I know men who will not have sex on the Lord's day and then others who have changed back such that if their wives desire it they do it as service to them.

So how far you can walk or drive and how far you can move sticks to bring in to build a fire, I leave that to your conscience before God.

But certain aspects are clear if we honestly seek to interpret scripture with a proper hermeneutic.

MAy God through His Spirit bring you to a strong clear conviction and peace on this.

Can either of you site any scripture for your views?

What kind of scripture are you looking for? Scripture that says it's OK to play with your kids on the Sabbath? Sorry. I don't have that.
It seems to me that the burden is on you to show where the Bible restricts this or that. My guess is that you and I are using the exact same passages of scripture for our interpretation of the Sabbath, just coming to different conclusions.

1st you say you did your own pleasure and play with the kids and did things for yourself to catch up. Then you say well I rest.

I do rest. And I play with my kids. I consider that part of my rest. When I take a walk with my wife, that is a special time of fellowship and I think it is more than appropriate for a Sunday afternoon. Frankly, I think it is Pharisaical to say that I can't do that on the Sabbath.
Also, let me point out that I didn't plainly say I do my own pleasure. Some pleasures are of the flesh. The Sabbath is not all about me. It's first and foremost about worship, and secondly it's about renewal. If activities are not in line with that, they are not appropriate.

I simply agree with you that you aren't clear and to keep studying and praying.
But be open to the fact that the scripture is clear how it is to be kept and what duties are forbidden and prescribed even if you would not agree with all of the practical conclusion of the Larger Catechism.

Thank you. You also keep praying and studying, remaining open to what scripture says.

Which by the way does warn us not to waste the day in sleep but to be actively doing spiritual duties.

Absolutely. It is not a day to waste.

IT seems you are making changes and doing well in your duties.

Making changes???

Now just go a little farther perhaps if you haven't and give up the whole day to Him and ask Him to guide you to how to keep it holy to Him .

This was one issue when God was convicting me and changing me rapidly in the reformed faith that I rebelled to and refused to study at all....

I acknowledge that I am imperfect and fall short of God's law, but I get the impression from some of your words that you are saying that I just haven't studied or prayed enough on this issue, unlike yourself. I appreciate your words of encouragement, but we both need help in our biblical interpretation.

And yes I know men who will not have sex on the Lord's day and then others who have changed back such that if their wives desire it they do it as service to them.

All I can say is wow. I don't mean to mock such people, but to draw from the 4th commandment that one should not engage in marital relations iseems quite legalistic.

So how far you can walk or drive and how far you can move sticks to bring in to build a fire, I leave that to your conscience before God.

Exactly. I think conscience plays a large part in this, but at the same time I feel like you are imposing your conscience on others, rather than the Word itself.

I agree about rest--it's more than just a physical thing. But if pressed for a simple answer of what I think the Sabbath is for, it is to worship and rest. I don't see the point in trying to define it more than Scripture does by composing a list of sinful activities on the Sabbath.

Daniel, I will not get into a list of what is permissible and not permissible on the Lord's Day. In my humble opinion we steer towards legalism when we make a rigid list that is virtually impossible to keep all the time.

Perhaps the Lord's Day needs to be looked at in the marco, not the micro. The day belongs to the Lord. He created the Sabbath for man. The Sabbath should not be a burden to observe, but nor should that be an excuse to treat it as any other day. I already pointed toward Genesis 2 as to the day being holy. I can also reference Exodus 16 & 20 in that regard. The two dominant confession on this board (1689 LBC & WCF) agree that the day is to be observed differently than the other six days of the week. The macro view of the Lord's Day is that the entire day belongs to the Lord. If the day belongs to Lord, how can we best honor Him? Are there activities that we could willingly put aside that will prevent distraction? Can the day be used to bring our family together in worship and to perform acts of mercy to those in need? Perhaps the day isn't best for a church softball league, but it may be perfect to take a stroll down a hiking trail with the family, marveling and thanking God for His creation. Again, look at the day with the big picture in mind. The day belongs to God. I have an idea that if we approach the Lord's Day in such a manner it won't be too long before the need for a list of do's and don'ts will not be needed.

Perhaps the Lord's Day needs to be looked at in the marco, not the micro. The day belongs to the Lord. He created the Sabbath for man. The Sabbath should not be a burden to observe, but nor should that be an excuse to treat it as any other day.

I completely agree. I hope I never gave the impression that it should be treated like any other day. I love the Sabbath, because I am free to NOT do all of those things I'm doing the rest of the week. It is a renewal of the spirit, mind and body.

If the day belongs to Lord, how can we best honor Him? Are there activities that we could willingly put aside that will prevent distraction? Can the day be used to bring our family together in worship and to perform acts of mercy to those in need? Perhaps the day isn't best for a church softball league, but it may be perfect to take a stroll down a hiking trail with the family, marveling and thanking God for His creation. Again, look at the day with the big picture in mind.

Well said. This where I disagree with what seems like most on the PB--filling our day with activities that best honor the Lord. Some say that can only be done by spending all of the day in His Word and in prayer. I don't think that is the case. Certainly it is a day of worship, and we do that each Sunday, but I think there are other activities that a family or fellowship of believers can do that are also honoring to the Lord...like a hike.

I have an idea that if we approach the Lord's Day in such a manner it won't be too long before the need for a list of do's and don'ts will not be needed.

Exactly. A list of Do's and Don'ts would sure make things easier at times, but I don't think that is what the Lord's Day is about.

Well said. This where I disagree with what seems like most on the PB--filling our day with activities that best honor the Lord. Some say that can only be done by spending all of the day in His Word and in prayer. I don't think that is the case. Certainly it is a day of worship, and we do that each Sunday, but I think there are other activities that a family or fellowship of believers can do that are also honoring to the Lord...like a hike.

Daniel, let's be careful that we don't over-generalize. I'm sure you are not going that route.

Sabbatarians on the PB hold to different levels of conviction on how to best observe the day. I don't think any of them hold the opinion that the day can only be observed, "by spending all of the day in His Word and in prayer." The confessions clearly state acts of necessity and mercy are part of the Lords Day observance.

We also need to be careful of the, "give me an inch and I'll take a yard" syndrome. Either the day belongs to the Lord, or it doesn't. If it does, then we should observe it as such. Our conscience should be unhindered as we worship, serve and enjoy our great God. If we stray in the error of legalism, where we create and anticipate exceptions, then we have lost the blessing that the Lord's Day contains.

Daniel, let's be careful that we don't over-generalize. I'm sure you are not going that route.

Sabbatarians on the PB hold to different levels of conviction on how to best observe the day. I don't think any of them hold the opinion that the day can only be observed, "by spending all of the day in His Word and in prayer." The confessions clearly state acts of necessity and mercy are part of the Lords Day observance.

Sorry, I didn't mean to generalize. Clearly acts of necessity and mercy are called for.

Exactly. A list of Do's and Don'ts would sure make things easier at times, but I don't think that is what the Lord's Day is about.

The reality is that we all create such lists in relation to God's commandments, and not simply with respect to the Lord's day. If we were not thinking how God's word specifically applies to our hearts and lives there would be something wrong with our conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back