Question About Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the OP — I don't much think about things like this. I've been going through Psalms 33 and 34 lately, sort of lingering in them, as I've found myself needy — both for myself and my situation, and for others I know (both saved and lost), and there are great promises of mercy for those who hope and trust in the LORD's mercy and grace.

When I realize the impossibility of my effecting the outcomes I desire, I plead with Him for mercy, who does effect outcomes. Sometimes I walk not seeing what the next steps are I should or even can take, but I ask Him to guide and illumine. He is faithful. He's my Father.

Re the OP, I would just pray myself for the boy.

Cowper's hymn is a perfect example; for he wrote it shortly after he had a depressive breakdown, and thereafter because of His illness became convinced for the remainder of his life that God had destined him to destruction.
Doubtless many righteous and godly men would have been praying for his recovery, but God always has a better plan, for us, for His people.
Little did Cowper know that he and his mate John Newton together would become two of the greatest hymn writers ever.
Indeed, God's frowning providence is mysterious, and His grace toward the elect will always shine through at the end, even when it is tempting to assume otherwise.
Thanks for sharing this, Hayden; I've been having a real tough time lately. It seems as though I shouldn't feel this way really, but somehow it helps to know of the struggles our brothers and sisters in the faith that have gone before us, like we're just not going to perfect here and there'll be times when we just really screw up. Thank you so much again for sharing this; I feel like I've come back to God after I ran away from him a little this morning. God's providence is truly amazing. Behind the frowning providence... One day we'll know what it was all about.

Thanks for sharing this, Hayden; I've been having a real tough time lately. It seems as though I shouldn't feel this way really, but somehow it helps to know of the struggles our brothers and sisters in the faith that have gone before us, like we're just not going to perfect here and there'll be times when we just really screw up. Thank you so much again for sharing this; I feel like I've come back to God after I ran away from him a little this morning. God's providence is truly amazing. Behind the frowning providence... One day we'll know what it was all about.
Yes God's providence is amazing, sister!

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
1 Cor 13:12, LSB

For our momentary, light affliction is working out for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
2 Cor 4:17, LSB

Grace and peace :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back