Question abou Greg L. Bahnsen books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
Has anyone read the two follow books of Greg L. Bahnsen:

Pushing the Antithesis: The Apologetic Methodology of Greg L. Bahnsen
Amazon.com: Pushing the Antithesis: The Apologetic Methodology of Greg L. Bahnsen (9780915815609): Greg L. Bahnsen: Books

Presuppositional Apologetics: Stated and Defended
Amazon.com: Presuppositional Apologetics: Stated and Defended: Greg L. Bahnsen, Joel McDurmon: Books

(1) What are your thoughts on these works ?
(2) Is his writings style like Clark and van Til, or is he easire of difficult to read ?

Iam asking this because i read his theonomy books (which i think are great), but iam not familiar with his apologetics books, and because philosofy is something which is not easy for me and really takes time for understanding.

Any information would be helpfull.

I've read the latter. Very good. Much easier than CVT -- but that's not necessarily saying much. I never found Clark difficult reading. Anyway, GB is very readable in my opinion.

I have not read the second book, but having read Bahnsen, I'll say they are definitely worth the read. I would also suggest Always Ready: Directions for Defending the Faith and Van Til's Apologetic. Blessings, and I wish you well in your reading.

I've read the first of the two (Pushing the Antithesis). It is written/arranged like a textbook, but Bahnsen is very easy to understand. I don't believe the book was actually a manuscript written by him, but may be based upon transcribed lectures.

Thanks brtehern for your comments, which were helpfull !

Is van Til easier or more difficult to read than Clark ?

I've read Pushing the Antithesis. It is a good book. I recommend Always Ready. It is composed of simular material but arranged a little better, in my opinion.

I haven’t read Presuppositional Apologetics: Stated and Defended. But plan to very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back