Puritan Writers Guild Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex Nihilo

Puritan Board Senior
I think a few people on this board are interested in creative writing, and others write articles and other works and sometimes want proofreaders. It might be useful to have a members-only forum where people could post work, exchange ideas and tips, share resources for writing, discuss issues with Christian writing in particular, etc. Is this possible?

Evie, thanks so much for bringing this up! I was about to sign in and post the suggestion myself =)

PS. Would it maybe be an agreeable idea to have the forum password protected like mens and ladies forums so that interested persons have to email the admin (that way such work is read only by those interested in participating in the forum and not just sort of inflicted on the board 'at large'?)

PS. Would it maybe be an agreeable idea to have the forum password protected like mens and ladies forums so that interested persons have to email the admin (that way such work is read only by those interested in participating in the forum and not just sort of inflicted on the board 'at large'?)

I would feel much more comfortable participating if it were password protected.

Who do we have to make puppy eyes at around here to get something like this done? :lol:

I would feel much more comfortable participating if it were password protected.

Me too. To the point of, it would be easier to drive burning knives into my flesh than to post anything to the forum if it weren't :)

-----Added 2/20/2009 at 03:27:24 EST-----

(Just to point out that an advantage to having such a forum here is that those who are concerned about doctrinal accuracy in creative writing are likely to get better feedback than they could elsewhere.)

(Just to point out that an advantage to having such a forum here is that those who are concerned about doctrinal accuracy in creative writing are likely to get better feedback than they could elsewhere.)

Yes, exactly. I forgot to mention that. That's precisely what I'm concerned about.

And may I suggest that, as writers, we could perhaps agree on a work of good creative fiction that we could all read and discuss its doctrinal accuracy? Flannery O'Connor comes to mind, or C. S. Lewis. This way, we would have something to read and discuss during the slow times when people are busy writing and polishing and not much posting is going on.

Great idea! I've actually been thinking a lot about Literature in general recently. This would be a great avenue to explore these things.

A book discussion seems like it might be interesting to people that might not be interested in the writers guild, and vice versa -- it seems like a good companion but perhaps still a separate forum?

You have to make puppy-eyes at Rich, I think. I'd be interested as well.

If anybody makes puppy eyes at me then it ain't going to happen.

If I'm immune to these puppy eyes then you have no chance:

469930631_Q9oGu-L.jpg

Perhaps if somebody said "Please", I might be willing but, yet again, why aren't people suggesting things that I want? Why does it all have to be about suggestions to make your lives happier? What about Rich? Me, me, me. I, I, I.

But Rich, we have no evidence that you can resist those puppy eyes, do we?

However, I'll be the man. Rich, would you please create a password-protected forum for the coalescing Puritan Writers Guild where poetry, essays, fiction and other creative writing can be read and critiqued? The main motivation I can offer you is the good chance that you will figure as a character in an epic poem celebrating the triumphs of the Puritan Board.

Gee, I really wish someone would make a forum that's all about nuclear and electrical engineering, the Marines, and the Administration of web-forums, and how all of this can relate to Presbyterian Theology.

I don't know if anyone else out there has similar interests, though...

Do you think you could arrange something like that for us, Rich?

Perhaps if somebody said "Please", I might be willing but, yet again, why aren't people suggesting things that I want? Why does it all have to be about suggestions to make your lives happier? What about Rich? Me, me, me. I, I, I.

Tell us then, good Sir, what would make you happy?

And if in your benevolence you could find it in your heart to create a writers forum, many PB members would be most grateful.

Theognome

I too, would like to participate...

Please Rich, when you see your way clear, provide me access as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back