Puritan Sermon Commentary - Now Public Zotero Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejonescue

Puritan Board Junior
Hello all. Since completing the organization of the Puritan & Non-Conformists sermons into Bible book, chapter, and verse; I have spent the last day trying to see the feasibility of editing and creating an EPUB, PDF collection. But the truth is, I will simply not have enough time to do it alone. Not with 2,600 sermons. This needs to be something a team does. Plus, there is also the pressing question of the overall value of such a collection, as I wonder how many people actually digest the 6 volume "Cripplegate" already available? And that is roughly 175 sermons, I think. Also, I really dont want to be in front of a computer screen 99% of my free time for the next 2-3 years; I would kinda rather be doing something actively engaging for the Gospels sake. I have been in front of one for the past 16 months with Puritan Search and organizing these; and I have had enough for a while, lol.

But, the awesome thing is, since I categorized it in Zotero, I was able to create a Public group that includes the notes. This gives anybody access to the organization of the sermons, and a direct link to them in EEBO-TCP. Also, if you have the Project Puritas files, you can go to the sermons in them, and pinpoint them in collected works by hitting "Control F," then searching for the title. I apologize for those who may have been looking forward to it. But time is also a form of stewardship, and I just don't really see an overall response that would justify such effort. With that being said, they are freely there for the viewing. I will also include it as a resource in the Resource Hub. The collection is free for anybody to use in anyway they see fit.

Thank you, and God Bless.

https://www.zotero.org/groups/5042767/puritan_sermon_commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back