Public Works that need to be updated and brought back..Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon Rambo

Puritan Board Sophomore
In the last couple of years, I have become very adept at book formatting, and Kindle formatting. I thought to myself, "I wonder if I can put this skill to good use?"

So I am wondering, do you know of any reformed public domain works which need to be put into a easily readable format? That have not yet been put on kindle? That do not have a well formatted paper or hardback edition? Perhaps works that only have photocopies and such?

I would love to format these, and sell them at cost, or in the case of kindle/ebook give them for free (or as close to free as Amazon would allow, or post them on a secondary website).

If you have suggestions, let me know!

Ho...boy, yes I have lots of suggestions, most of which would take a monumental amount of work (I've published a few kindle works and re-typset/reprinted some older public domain books).

For starters, over at Archives.org they have the works of Flavel, Goodwin, Manton, Owen, Boston, Henry etc. These are available in print for the most part, some better than others, some not in an easily readable format, most that are basically photo copies that have not been re-typeset since the 1800s.

There is also John Foxe's "Acts and Monuments" (the complete Foxe's Book of Martyrs) which is huge, 2.5 million words if I remember correctly. I spent a lot of time getting permission and updating the spelling for this from the John Foxe project (from the 1583 edition). I probably got about 10% into it, but have put a significant amount of work into it. It largely needs a lot of proofreading and formatting for either print or kindle (the original had a lot of woodcuts and tables which don't translate well to Kindle).

Maybe I need to think smaller :)

OSNOVA has done some amazing work with Kindle books. They include a copy of the Bible and all the verses cited in the works they've reprinted link to the biblical text for further study. They do excellent work.

Those are good suggestions. I wish I could get a hold of the works of Nehemiah Coxe...but they seem hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back