Psalm 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
Blessed is the one who considers the poor! In the day of trouble the Lord delivers him;
Psalms 41:1 ESV

Is nursing home ministry a good fulfilment of this verse? Bringing them gifts, praying with them, singing hymns with them, and teaching them the Scriptures?

Yes. I preached a two-part series on Psalm 41 a few weeks ago. The word "poor" in the Hebrew could as easily be translated "weak". The latter part of the psalm suggests that David was at a point of sickness himself when writing the psalm. His expectation seems to be that God would bless him in his sickness because of how he has blessed others in their times of need.

Last edited:
Yes. I preached a two-part series on Psalm 41 a few weeks ago. The word "poor" in the Hebrew could as easily be translated "weak". The latter part of the psalm suggests that David was at a point of sickness himself when writing the psalm. His expectation seems to be that God would bless him in his sickness because of how he has blessed others in their times of need.

Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense. Your studies paid off by helping me here in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back