Psalm 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

AdMEANistrator
Staff member
Psalm 15
A Psalm of David.
Here let me, (1.) With wonder, observe the happy state of present fellowship with God in his church on earth, and of everlasting fellowship with him in the temple above; and how fixed the saints are in this their new-covenant state, ver. 1, 5. (2.) Let me with self-examination, remark the discriminating characters of such as are admitted to that happy state: They are sincere, upright and honest in all their ways; they are kind to neighbours; they esteem others in proportion to the appearance of Christ's image on them; and they prefer a good conscience to every earthly advantage, ver. 2-5.

While I sing, let me think of my perfect and all-sufficient Saviour, who is passed into the heavens; is entered there for me, as the forerunner. And, having received him into my heart, as my sanctifying furniture, let me walk in him as my way, and follow him as my pattern, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, and living soberly, righteously and godly in this present world. Thus shall the Father and the Son come unto me on earth, and take up their abode with me; and so shall I in heaven be for ever with the Lord.

1 Within thy tabernacle, Lord,
who shall abide with thee?
And in thy high and holy hill
who shall a dweller be?

2 The man that walketh uprightly,
and worketh righteousness,
And as he thinketh in his heart,
so doth he truth express.

3 Who doth not slander with his tongue,
nor to his friend doth hurt;
Nor yet against his neighbour doth
take up an ill report.

4 In whose eyes vile men are despis'd;
but those that God do fear
He honoureth; and changeth not,
though to his hurt he swear.

5 His coin puts not to usury,
nor take reward will he
Against the guiltless. Who doth thus
shall never moved be.

finally some sobriety in a sea of juvenile posts (mostly mine of course)... The beloved Psalmist has spoken

I am LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG overdue for some sleep as evident by my ramblings, but I think I will crack open that 15th Psalm as I hit the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back