Pre-existence of the Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't

But C. Hodge does

Systematic Theology, Volume II, Anthropology, chapter III, origin of the soul, section one Theory of Preexistence. pg 65.

:2cents:

Well, if I can stir up some trouble here, traducianism is the most effective way to refute pre-existence.:worms:

Very nice. Last time we started traducianism most of the response was negative. W.G.T. Shedd talked me into it. A friend of mine was talked into it by Hodge's belief in creationism. Who talked you into it?

Originally posted by py3ak
Very nice. Last time we started traducianism most of the response was negative. W.G.T. Shedd talked me into it. A friend of mine was talked into it by Hodge's belief in creationism. Who talked you into it?

Gordon Clark does a fine job on this subject.

Originally posted by biblelighthouse
Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
Originally posted by py3ak
Well, if I can stir up some trouble here, traducianism is the most effective way to refute pre-existence.:worms:

:up::up: to traducianism

:up: I agree :up:

How? And I thought Creationism was the Reformed position. (though I am open to either). Infact, traducianism seems to imply pre-existence (not exactly in a pathagorean sense admittedly) by suggesting that souls exist in the seeds of their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back