Prayer Request for Marriage and Finance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan95

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hello there! I am incredibly grateful to the Lord for all. I recently turned 25 and I consider it to be a big deal. I became a believer when I was 19. I never really had anyone to show me the ropes. That is true for my life before Christ as well.

Had my nose buried in the books and really felt connected with a bunch of dead guys from centuries ago haha!

I was blessed with a salary position job last month and I'm able to care for my mother who is sick more than I have ever been able to before. I'm very blessed to be able to care for the woman who raised me on her own.

I work roughly 10 hours a day, give or take. 5 days a week. I volunteer on Saturdays and the Lord's Day is sweeter than it ever has been.

I would like to take a few moments writing this to ask for your prayers. 2 things in particular.

1) I have never really felt right for marriage. I have had relationships sure but nothing that felt legitimate. Always felt like I was trying to prove something, either to myself or others. Nevertheless, this season of my life has been different and I'd love to meet a lovely lady.

This is a very difficult thing to accomplish here in Boston. My church has about 30ish members and only a handful are single women. None apparently looking for a spouse.

It's not like how it used to be. I spend so much time at work throughout the week that I don't really get the opportunity to get to know women at my church all that well. And like I said there are so few.

2) I wanted to go to school for computer science so that I could gain more hard skills for my resume. I'd love to get into that field and make even more money for the good of all of those around me. But with this new job taking up so much time I don't know when I'd have the time to take classes and study. I'm in bed by 7:30pm most nights. Up at about 3 or 4 so that I can get in the Word for a bit before starting my day.

So yeah I guess I'm starting to feel like I've plateaued. I'm kind of reaching the limits of what my goals can be and what I'm able to do with my life.

My current lot in life is a blessing from God. I don't mean to seem ungrateful at all. But I would really like to enter marriage. And I'd like to make a little extra money. As of right this second I have no clue how to go about accomplishing either of these tasks.

And if I'm unable to ever be granted these things, it can become discouraging to continue to live a life without any short term goals in sight. I hope I am making sense.

Please pray for me, for clarity and wisdom. Thank you :)

Hello there! I am incredibly grateful to the Lord for all. I recently turned 25 and I consider it to be a big deal. I became a believer when I was 19. I never really had anyone to show me the ropes. That is true for my life before Christ as well.

Had my nose buried in the books and really felt connected with a bunch of dead guys from centuries ago haha!

I was blessed with a salary position job last month and I'm able to care for my mother who is sick more than I have ever been able to before. I'm very blessed to be able to care for the woman who raised me on her own.

I work roughly 10 hours a day, give or take. 5 days a week. I volunteer on Saturdays and the Lord's Day is sweeter than it ever has been.

I would like to take a few moments writing this to ask for your prayers. 2 things in particular.

1) I have never really felt right for marriage. I have had relationships sure but nothing that felt legitimate. Always felt like I was trying to prove something, either to myself or others. Nevertheless, this season of my life has been different and I'd love to meet a lovely lady.

This is a very difficult thing to accomplish here in Boston. My church has about 30ish members and only a handful are single women. None apparently looking for a spouse.

It's not like how it used to be. I spend so much time at work throughout the week that I don't really get the opportunity to get to know women at my church all that well. And like I said there are so few.

2) I wanted to go to school for computer science so that I could gain more hard skills for my resume. I'd love to get into that field and make even more money for the good of all of those around me. But with this new job taking up so much time I don't know when I'd have the time to take classes and study. I'm in bed by 7:30pm most nights. Up at about 3 or 4 so that I can get in the Word for a bit before starting my day.

So yeah I guess I'm starting to feel like I've plateaued. I'm kind of reaching the limits of what my goals can be and what I'm able to do with my life.

My current lot in life is a blessing from God. I don't mean to seem ungrateful at all. But I would really like to enter marriage. And I'd like to make a little extra money. As of right this second I have no clue how to go about accomplishing either of these tasks.

And if I'm unable to ever be granted these things, it can become discouraging to continue to live a life without any short term goals in sight. I hope I am making sense.

Please pray for me, for clarity and wisdom. Thank you :)
It's encouraging to read of your ambition, brother. I'm going to keep you in prayer.

As far as marriage goes, many young Western women are indoctrinated by the public schools and raised to be competitors with men and are loud and pushy. Meanwhile, there are meek and modest Christian girls in Indonesia that are asking me to set them up with Christian men from the US and desire nothing more than to be wives and mothers. PM me.

As far as marriage goes, many young Western women are indoctrinated by the public schools and raised to be competitors with men and are loud and pushy. Meanwhile, there are meek and modest Christian girls in Indonesia that are asking me to set them up with Christian men from the US and desire nothing more than to be wives and mothers. PM me.

Pergy's Mail Order Bride, LLC

Back when I used to frequent many dating websites most professing Christian women would be from the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc

I ended up meeting a very lovely PH woman, although all of my long distance relationships ended up fizzling out. Hence, I try to stay away from online dating and long distance dating in general now.

Nubile members of either sex with Reformed convictions are frustratingly thin on the ground here in New England. I have a fine young male friend in a very similar situation as yours, both as to career and courtship, who lives in your area. He may very well have some practical advice; I am certain he would offer words and prayers of encouragement. If you would like to exchange contact info with him, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back