Praise Song Sung on American Idol Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was joking I would have winked or smiled.......

I found the whole swaying of the hips to be typical of the music and of the beat and very erotic and sensual...

Are you joking or serious? Really, I can't tell...

I loathe most if not all of CCM and "contemporary worship." That being said, honestly is there anything that you do not find very erotic and sensual?

Yeah, the "swaying" (which was hardly swaying... more like side-stepping) was very typical of what you'd find in the choir loft of just about any African-American church during a more upbeat song. Those churches certainly have their problems, but I really don't think that eroticism in the choir loft is typically one of them.

OK, quick poll for those of us in a RPW church service: does anyone actually sing this song, "Shout To The Lord," as part of corporate worship? While I enjoy this song personally like I enjoy Frank Sinatra songs, I don't include it for our corporate worship. How about others of you?

OK, quick poll for those of us in a RPW church service: does anyone actually sing this song, "Shout To The Lord," as part of corporate worship? While I enjoy this song personally like I enjoy Frank Sinatra songs, I don't include it for our corporate worship. How about others of you?

Well, we don't, but it's more of an issue of style than of theology. Of most "modern worship" songs (in other words, among the junk that's often played on "Christian" radio), Shout To The Lord is probably one of the "best".

Of course, those who hold that "RPW = exclusive psalmody" would argue that our church doesn't hold to the RPW anyway, but that's an entirely other :worms:.

No, we don't use it in worship. I do however think it's a good song especially to be on American idol, the only point on this thread from the start.

We have sung it (I think) in our evening service, but not the AM service. Our 2 AM services are traditional, and the 3 evening services are "jazz" services, which consist mostly hymns with the melodies re-arranged to more of a jazz feel. And we usually sing a praise song or two. Sounds a lot like your worship services, raekwon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back