Posts by Henry Hurst, not Matthew Poole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
For some reason, I thought that Matthew Poole had gotten much further in his Annotations than he actually did, but, it turns out that he only got to Isaiah 58 (see the preface to the three volumes published by Banner of Truth). Consequently, my blog posts from his Annotations on Hosea are actually the work of Henry Hurst.

Some of the major commentaries were left unfinished by their primary authors and were continued by others after their death. Here is a useful earlier thread on this subject by @VirginiaHuguenot.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that convention. It just seems a bit pretentious and even a little disingenuous to me. At the very least is is unnecessarily confusing. The same is true of Meyer's acclaimed New Testament Commentary, where Thessalonians through Revelation was written by others. The other biggie is Matthew Henry, as has been previously noted here on PB. I appreciate you making the correction re. your citations, which too often isn't the case even after people become aware of an authorial misattribution.

Last edited:
I stopped writing my own PB posts back in 2011. Take everything I have written since then with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back