Posting Twice in a Row

Status
Not open for further replies.

JML

Puritan Board Junior
Stupid question but how is it determined if you post twice in a row (on the same thread) whether it is added to the previous post or a new post is created. I'm guessing there is a time determinant, right?

The reason I ask is not a desire to increase my post count but sometimes the two posts are completely different thoughts and if it is only added it can get lost in the midst of the previous post. If I knew there was a time limit. I might wait to post the second comment so that a new post shows up.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I thought that it had to do with whether or not there was an intervening post (from someone else). Not sure why I thought that - and it may be utterly incorrect!

Not necessarily. If you look at some of the threads, sometimes the same person will have two posts in a row that are completely separate. It shows the avatar and signature, etc. twice. Other times when I have posted and I was the last one to post on the thread it just adds my new post to the bottom of the previous.

For example: See posts #31 & #32 on this thread

http://www.puritanboard.com/f29/confessional-presbyterian-6-a-64967/

but on this thread http://www.puritanboard.com/f29/books-pastors-wife-65200/

I posted #3 and then posted again but it added it to post #3. I am just curious as to why there is a difference.

You can always edit your post and insert a quote from the previous thread you want to reply to.

Doesn't a mod do the combining? I don't think it's automatic, but I'm not sure. Tim's running errands, so I can't holler to the next room to ask.

I think it is a function of time and whether or not there is an intervening post, although you can edit and add to an earlier post if you wish.

If the same user posts in a thread within 30 minutes of his previous post, and there are no intervening posts, then it will be appended to his prior post. There is a gray bar noting that he added to the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back