Pork Tenderloin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any good ideas and/or recipes?

Here's an absolutely wonderful recipe we've used for pork tenderloin...(you may want to kick up the ginger and garlic a notch or two)

Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon
* 1/4 cup light soy sauce
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* dash hot sauce
* 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds

Preparation:
In blender or food processor, combine bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and oil; pulse until smooth. Place tenderloin and marinade in a food storage bag; refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. Cook 4 inches from a hot charcoal fire for 15 to 25 minutes or until the pork has reached 165° internally and is no longer pink in the center. Baste occasionally while cooking. Slice in 1/2-inch thick slices to serve.
Serves 6.

Here's what I like to do:

You can brine the pork tenderloin in a sweet brine.

6 Cups cold water

3 cups Kosher salt

1/2 cup Brown Sugar

2 Juniper Berries ea.

2 Bay Leaves ea.

5 Black Peppercorns ea.

Method:

1. Combine all ingredients and bring to a quick boil. Once the water is brought to a boil turn it off and cool it down in the refrigerator.

2. Add the pork tenderlion to the cold brine mixture and let it brine for 4 hours in the frig.

3. After brining for 4 hours remove the pork from the brine and set the tenderloin at room temperature.

4. Season the tenderloin with black pepper do not add any salt. The tenderloing is already "seasoned" with salt from the brine.

5. Turn on the grill to about 425F and grill the tenderlion for 4 minutes on each side. Cook longer for a more well temperature. I like to have pork tenderloin medium rare to medium.

6. When finished cooking let the pork rest. This will allow the juices to circulate back to the center of the meat.

Serve with some good ole mashed pototes and a fresh lemon squeezed over the top of the pork!

Alton is great. I would be tempted to try it just because of his name attached to it. However, Todd and John have recipes that sound good as well. I've never actually brined a pork tenderloin but brined turkey is just fantastic so it's worth a try.

Alton is great. I would be tempted to try it just because of his name attached to it. However, Todd and John have recipes that sound good as well. I've never actually brined a pork tenderloin but brined turkey is just fantastic so it's worth a try.

BourBON! BourBON! BourBON!

Here's an absolutely wonderful recipe we've used for pork tenderloin...(you may want to kick up the ginger and garlic a notch or two)

Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* dash hot sauce

Preparation:
In blender or food processor, combine bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and oil; pulse until smooth. Place tenderloin and marinade in a food storage bag; refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. Cook 4 inches from a hot charcoal fire for 15 to 25 minutes or until the pork has reached 165° internally and is no longer pink in the center. Baste occasionally while cooking. Slice in 1/2-inch thick slices to serve.
Serves 6.

MMMMMMMMMMMM the bourbon marinade makes it even tenderer.

I put one in the fridge, to soak in the flavor, overnight. I'll try it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your help.

I ended up making this since I had all the ingredients.
* 1 pork tenderloin, cleaned and trimmed
* 3 slices of bacon
* 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon of Lawry's Seasoned Salt
* 1 teaspoon dried crumbled leaf basil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried crumbled leaf oregano
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
* olive oil

Preparation:
Combine garlic powder, seasoned salt, basil, oregano, and black pepper; rub seasoning all over the pork tenderloin. Wrap pork with bacon and secure with toothpicks.Take your olive oil and coat well. Place in a 9x13 pan and bake uncovered in a 375 to 400 oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork reaches about 155°. Make sure the bacon is really done. Remove and wrap in foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. This pork tenderloin recipe serves 2 to 4.

We'll see how it turns out.

5294_105106084143_783154143_2014730_1270552_n.jpg

5294_105106089143_783154143_2014731_2777368_n.jpg

Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* dash hot sauce

Preparation:
Serves 6.

Just did this tonight - it was delicious. I also basted sliced green, yellow and red peppers as well as mushrooms and pineapples in the marinade while grilling them. They were pretty good too!
Thanks for the recipe.

Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* dash hot sauce

Preparation:
Serves 6.

Just did this tonight - it was delicious. I also basted sliced green, yellow and red peppers as well as mushrooms and pineapples in the marinade while grilling them. They were pretty good too!
Thanks for the recipe.

Awesome... there's just something about that bourbon + brown sugar + ginger + hot sauce combo that is out of this world. Put that on a fine piece of pork and it's a fine feast.

I cooked it today. I halved the ginger and garlic. It was tender , tasty and I repeat WAS!!! I also slow cooked it for 2 hours over mesquite chips. No leftovers :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back