Pope John Paul II is in Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Repent, or ye shall likewise perish"

BTW, the context for that passage was to answer the question "Why do bad things happen to 'good' people?"

Jesus wasn't dealing with sinners in that passage. On the other had, Jesus was always dealing with sinners, of whom I am chief. :chained:

Originally posted by maxdetail
"Repent, or ye shall likewise perish"

BTW, the context for that passage was to answer the question "Why do bad things happen to 'good' people?"

Jesus wasn't dealing with sinners in that passage. On the other had, Jesus was always dealing with sinners, of whom I am chief. :chained:

I disagree. Jesus called them sinners. Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans?

We normally think of some people as "good," and some people as "bad," and believe that God should allow good things to happen to good people and bad things to bad people. Jesus dispels this notion.
But Jesus´ point is not that the Galileans in question were innocent; they were simply not more guilty than the others. All are guilty.

The lesson is still the same Bob. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by fredtgreco
Maybe we should stop discussing John Paul's person, and the fact that his theology is infecting the Reformed community:

http://www.puritanboard.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10371

To me this is exactly the problem with the protestant community trying so hard to exalt the man, separate from the office of POPE. It will be misunderstood as respect for the office of POPE and the catholic church, thus seeming to give affirmation to those teachings. :banghead:

Originally posted by lwadkins
Originally posted by fredtgreco
Maybe we should stop discussing John Paul's person, and the fact that his theology is infecting the Reformed community:

http://www.puritanboard.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10371

To me this is exactly the problem with the protestant community trying so hard to exalt the man, separate from the office of POPE. It will be misunderstood as respect for the office of POPE and the catholic church, thus seeming to give affirmation to those teachings. :banghead:

Is proclaiming with the apparent authority of Scripture that so and so is in hell maintaining what you are suggesting Lon?

For me to say, I do not know for sure where he is, does not exalt the man, or give credence to the apostate RCC

Mattew, "The Pope is in Hell" is really good! I've printed one copy already, and is thinking of whether I'm able to translate it to Chinese. Just a thought. I'm not good in English anyway.

Again I shall say that I'm very glad to be here, reading Puritanboard's messages. Really nice to be communicating with you all.

Mattew, really like your article, really brave and really well researched, maybe it's exctly the message some protestants are in need of at the moment.

By the way, I can see that you know much about history of Church and Catholicism, envy you. If I were you, know as much as you do, I would have done a lot for the churches in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is probably the worst Chinese city througout the whole country where the protestant and catholic relations is the closest. People like me got lot to do, or to fight, in the future. There are very few Reformed church in Hong Kong, you know.

Ken,

Never give up brother. At the very least, pray for them. God can use prayer mightily. I am often shamed for not praying as fervently as I ought for matters such as these. But those things that God places on your heart and ministry, do them with all your might!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back