Poor Bishop Hooper - EveryPsalm Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Puritan Board Freshman
Good morning everyone!

Poor Bishop Hooper (a husband/wife duo) has been releasing one "psalm-based song" every Wednesday since January 2020. They recently completed the psalter, and you can find all of their renditions here! (There are 222 songs, since they did one song per section in Ps 119).

While they are not psalm settings per se, and might not be acceptable for gathered worship (depending on your understanding of the RPW), they are beautiful and simple meditations on the songs God has given us to sing. I have personally benefitted much from these songs while commuting over the past years.

222 songs is a lot to dig through, but if you are interested in getting a sense of what they are about I'd reccomend Psalm 6, Psalm 7, Psalm 33, pretty much anything in the 40s (my kids love to sing Ps 47 in family worship), Psalm 66, Psalm 78, Psalm 79 (a personal favorite), Psalm 92 (a family favorite), Psalm 106, or Psalm 107. Psalm 150 was a solid ending to the project as well.

In Christ,

Good morning everyone!

Poor Bishop Hooper (a husband/wife duo) has been releasing one "psalm-based song" every Wednesday since January 2020. They recently completed the psalter, and you can find all of their renditions here! (There are 222 songs, since they did one song per section in Ps 119).

While they are not psalm settings per se, and might not be acceptable for gathered worship (depending on your understanding of the RPW), they are beautiful and simple meditations on the songs God has given us to sing. I have personally benefitted much from these songs while commuting over the past years.

222 songs is a lot to dig through, but if you are interested in getting a sense of what they are about I'd reccomend Psalm 6, Psalm 7, Psalm 33, pretty much anything in the 40s (my kids love to sing Ps 47 in family worship), Psalm 66, Psalm 78, Psalm 79 (a personal favorite), Psalm 92 (a family favorite), Psalm 106, or Psalm 107. Psalm 150 was a solid ending to the project as well.

In Christ,
Thank you so much for this. These are studio quality renditions, and all for no-cost! Wow. Downloading as we speak.

I was thinking about posting on these too!! They are great to listen to when on the road or doing other things. My wife and I have been thoroughly enjoying them.

Some of my favorites:
23 (a great rendition of this famous psalm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back