Poole's Synopsis. Volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbaggins

Puritan Board Doctor
I am somewhat astounded that Andrew Myers hasn't advertised this yet. So, I will do it for him. Volume 2 is now available. It covers chapters 10-22. Volume 3 is slated to come out in January, and will cover the rest of Genesis.

Lane -- Thanks for letting folks know about this. I hope that it will be of interest to many. Soon Genesis will be complete, dv. There is much to be gleaned here for those who want to study Poole and his sources. Tolle lege!

You're welcome. I advertised it on my blog as well. Anything I can do to get the word out about this fantastic project will be time worth spending.

From the Diary of Philip Henry (father of Matthew Henry), who also bequeathed copies of Matthew Poole's English Annotations to each of his four daughters as noted in his last will and testament:

1676, Oct. 31. I have received the five volumes of Mr. Poole's Synopsis, and do acknowledge myself therewith superabundantly satisfied, returning hearty thanks to him for his worthy pains, and hearty praise to God for his gracious assistance, without which it could not have been brought to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back