POLL: Do you have a beard?

Do you have a beard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've grown out my facial hair for about 6 years, but have had a beard for about 4 years now. My Christian high school would not allow gentlemen to grow facial hair or it would be closer to 8 years of beard-love.

I've had a beard for about 3 years now. I like it. My wife lets me keep it (I was clean-shaven from 1998 when we met). Our little guy plays with my beard and calls it "Daddy's scratchies." But when I had a mishap with the trimmer a few months back he said, "Daddy, you look funny. I want your beard back." I look about 12 years old without it.

But I keep it short, because when it gets longer it just looks weird. View attachment 2819

I have had a beard for about 25 yrs,it starts to get itchy fast so I keep it fairly short,One thing I miss is the tradition with NHL hockey (as a fan) to grow a beard for the duration of your teams progress in the Stanley Cup playoff,last years beard would have rocked! (I'm a longtime Bruins and Northeastern Huskies fan)that being said,I cannot grow a beard for this since I am a full-time beard wearer anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playoff_beard

RIght now I have a goatee, sometimes a full beard, sometimes I'm clean shaven. It's like changing clothes, just takes a little longer.

I was watching a Francis Schaeffer video and wondered if I should try that look sometime.

For years, my job wouldn't allow facial hair. The day they sent out the memo saying that policy was rescinded was the day I quit shaving. Started out with the goatee approximately Dec 2010 and then decided to go full beard around Oct 2011. The picture below is the beard at it's longest in January of this year. I keep it shorter now, but still have the full beard. I love it. The wife loves it. And I feel confident that God loves it. :D

View attachment 2822

MarionRaceTrackFootballpicsRandy-21.jpg

My beard about 5 years ago. Just have the chin thing going now.

I've had beards since I was 20; I guess that along with the diabetes and high blood pressure, my parents also gave me some good beard genes. Living in the south I shaved every spring because it was just too hot. I'm optimistic that in Grand Rapids I'll be able to keep the beard this summer. I would say that it surprises me greatly that there are so few good beards in reformed theology these days.

I have had a full beard since 1972. When I was in seminary at Covenant, Will Barker was President. Every year a "Barker Beard Award," was given to a graduating senior. Gary Reynolds won it in 1981.

Gotee, usually. On occasion I will wear a "T-bar" which you get by taking a gotee and shaving off the vertical strips of hair on either side.

Hmmm.... maybe I'll go back to a T-bar tonight...

I wish I could grow a beard, but it is not permitted in my current profession. The last time I grew a beard was on a remote fire base in Afghanistan in 2008. I will say that it was a beautiful bushy red.

I have a beard that I shave completely off every July before I go to my Dermatologist. I had Latigo Maligna <sp> (Skin Cancer), and get checked out every July.

Went to the goatee, took off my beard. See my Profile picture or Avatar. I think this looks much better, hopefully the girl friend will be happy.

I have a beard because I have a face best kept covered. My wife won't let me shave it off because I look 12 without it despite being 56.

I also belong to a couple of pipe smoking forums where the same question is sometimes asked - the vast majority of us have beards in the pipe smoking world.

Being a pipe smoking Christian probably means I'll always have a beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back