Pink Floyd Reunites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezek 1:4 As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming (could also be translated 'heavy') metal.

I'm waiting for final confirmation from Hal Lindsay but I'm pretty sure Ezekial prophecied this. The four living creatures are obviously the band members and the wheel perfectly describes the Floyd staging. Yup, this is big!

It would be really interesting if Syd Barrett were on the bill too. Trivia Question: Who was Syd's guitar teacher?

I'm a little surprised that Roger Waters in joining them, considering the bitter legal battle they were all engaged in.

David Gilmore taught Syd and that would be awesome if he could sit in.

This G8 thing must mean a whole lot to Waters to overcome his bitterness. I'm shocked.

so which of you have tried to sync up dark side of the moon to the wizard of oz? if i had a nickel for everytime i heard that back in high school! we tried.....when you have an odd film with strange sets and themes, of course there will be some coincidences with a strange album with different dimensions to it i guess......just for the record, with regard to psychedelic/progressive rock i've always leaned toward yes and king crimson...going to see adrian belew in nashville in august!!! by the way, i thought syd barret was still in a complete haze due to the drugs...i heard rolling stone tried to interview him once and it got nowhere...know anything? welcome to the machine scares me very much ...creepy song...

Originally posted by maxdetail
I've watched/listened to the Dark Side of the Rainbow many times. Cool stuff. You've gotta do it.

At what point in the movie do you queue up the album?

Rick there are several sites on the net that will give you the instructions. Google Dark side of the Rainbow.

I even dl'd (from limewire) a video of the two pieces already synced.

Originally posted by maxdetail
Rick there are several sites on the net that will give you the instructions. Google Dark side of the Rainbow.

I even dl'd (from limewire) a video of the two pieces already synced.

Will the instructions help me decide between orange microdot or green pyramid?

kidding, of COURSE!

I think the Dark side of the Rainbow has to be chalked up to interesting coincidence:

....Members of the band, however, have denied that they made Dark Side of the Moon to be an alternate soundtrack for The Wizard of Oz. Richard Wright "swore on his family" that the band had not intended to do anything of the sort. When asked about the coincidental events between the album and the movie, Nick Mason stated, "I haven't [watched The Wizard of Oz synchronized with Dark Side of the Moon]. But I hope someone else will do it when I'm there. I can never quite be bothered to do it. I can assure you we never worked with the film when we were working on the track. That would be so convoluted a way of making a record." [5] Alan Parsons, who was the engineer on Dark Side of the Moon, said that no one in the band had discussed The Wizard of Oz while they were making the album.

Still, it would be fun to watch.

Did anybody see this over the weekend? I missed it.

I read somewhere where Gilmore said playing with Waters again is kind of like "sleeping with your ex-wife"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back