Pets and the Rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.

JML

Puritan Board Junior
All I can say is ugh.

Baltimore Sun
February 22, 2010
Pet left behind in the Rapture? Service will help...

There's enterprising and then there's enterprising.

A forward-thinking entrepreneur is offing to care for the pets who belong to people who expect to be saved in the Rapture.

According to this great story in Business Week, the service calls itself "the next best thing to pet salvation in a Post Rapture World." More than 100 clients have already signed up, paying $110 for a 10-year contract. The catch, it seems, is that the Rapture has to occur within 10 years of receipt of pavement.

Atheists, who won't be saved, will take care of the equally earth-bound pets. That's actually exactly what the company is called: Eternal Eart-Bound Pets.

The site promises they company has quality atheists lined up in the 22 states, but, unfortunately, none in Maryland -- at least not yet. "Our representatives have been screened to ensure that they are atheists, animal lovers, are moral / ethical with no criminal background, have the ability and desire to rescue your pet and the means to retrieve them and ensure their care for your pet's natural life," the firm promises.

The company is the brainchild of a retired retail exex from New Hampshire, Bart Centre. My favorite graph from the Newsweek story: Centre came up with the idea while working on his book, "The Atheist Camel Chronicles," written under the pseudonym Dromedary Hump. In it, he says many unkind things about the devout and confesses that "I'm trying to figure out how to cash in on this hysteria to supplement my income."

Get a better deal at DispyDoggies, they have a 7 year plan that automatically deducts payment from an estate account, post rapture :stirpot: . This deal is only good until 2012. so you better act NOW. :rofl:

BTW, this is my belated 4/1 post.

Last edited:
Meh, I could do one better by setting up a completely autonomous system. Then it would be a *Christian* enterprise, instead of being run by those godless atheists. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back