Peter Enns is at it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is just moving towards the liberalism at the core of his thinking. What real differences here are there between him and Barth or Bultmann?

Is it

an incarnating God–Immanuel, God with us, or

a Platonic god–where you have to peel off the obscuring “down here” hindrances to get to the untainted “up there” god, with the Bible as an encoded inerrant guidebook to get you there.

I don’t like the platonic god. I don’t think Jesus did either.

This is a prime example of the either/or fallacy. I recomend Oliphint's third way model here:
God… With Us - Reformed Forum

Here is another good talk on the historical Adam:
The Historical Adam - Reformed Forum

Peter Enns is smarter than I am.
Peter Enns believes in evolution.
Peter Enns could be wrong.

"jumped the theologicl shark"??? :lol:

the Adam story as a story of origins like other stories of the ancient world

If it's just like the other stories why is Enns taking an interest in it, and why should any one else? The real story has been given by Darwin and his followers.

I am curious as what the reaction to this post will be from evolutionists who attempt to sell themselves as evangelicals.

This shows the wisdom and the foresight of Westminster seminary in dismissing this individual before things got even worse.

It also shows how some who thought there was no basis, including some of his students there who liked him as a teacher, that there indeed was.

And pray they won't be deceived in the future.

This shows the wisdom and the foresight of Westminster seminary in dismissing this individual before things got even worse.

It also shows how some who thought there was no basis, including some of his students there who liked him as a teacher, that there indeed was.

And pray they won't be deceived in the future.

Amen brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back